t h i r t y - o n e

INCOMING FACETIME CALL FROM "AMAYA WILLIAMS"

ACCEPT |DENY

"Uh, hi." Amaya tucked her bottom lip between her teeth, barely glancing at the boy on the screen.

"Hi. Uh, how are you?"

"I think I should be asking you that question, you know." She raised an eyebrow at him, and he laughed softly.

"Yeah, yeah you should. Life is shit, Mays."

"I know, and I'm so sorry." She paused, taking a moment to compose herself. "Jonah, I'm so sorry."

"Please stop apologizing, Amaya. You can't take it back."

"No, but I'm still sorry. I called because... I needed to be honest. I wish I could have minimized your pain, but you're right, I can't take it back. But I— I loved you, Jonah. I really did."

"Amaya, stop—" he cut her off, shaking his head. She put a hand up, stopping him from stopping her.

"You need to hear this, Jonah. Someone told me to talk to you, and I tend to hold those close to me in high regard. So let me talk, please."

He sighed, nodding, and she continued.

"I loved you. I was in love with you. And I didn't plan on that changing. But it did. And Daniel— he wasn't part of the equation, at all. He was one of my best friends, but I never— I was committed to you. When I started to realize I wasn't in love, I was going to say something, but I was in Canada—"

"With Daniel." Jonah sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Right."

"Yeah. We kissed there, once. And I told him it could never happen again, because I loved you. I was your girlfriend. But we kept spending time together, alone, and I guess... I guess I started falling for him. And I should have been honest with you the moment he kissed me. I should have told you the moment I felt something. But I didn't, and I'm so sorry that I hurt you." She took a breath, a long drink from her water bottle sealing it off.

"I love you, Jonah, but I'm not in love with you anymore. And this wasn't some giant plan to destroy you, it wasn't intentional. I would have spent my life with you, if my feelings hadn't changed. You deserve better. You deserve commitment. And I know my words don't mean much to you anymore, and I'm not going to sit here and say that I deserve kindness from you, but I just... wanted to explain."

Jonah was silent for a few minutes, his eyes focused off camera as he took in her words. Finally, he looked back at her, nodding. "Okay, thank you."

"Of course." She gave a tight smile, looking away.

"Amaya." Something in his voice made her look back at him. "I hope we can be friends one day. And I... I forgive you. It'll take some for me to move past this, but I forgive you."

"Thank you, Jonah. I really hope you find peace."

"Me too. But hey, for what it's worth, you and Daniel make a nice couple."

"Jonah, you really don't have to—"

"No, I do. It's true. You make him happy. He makes you happy. That's all I could want."

"I love you." She smiled softly.

"You, too." Jonah gave a careful smile back, and they ended the call.

INCOMING FACETIME CALL FROM "AMAYA👻"

ACCEPT | DENY

"Mays." His voice was raspy and rich, his eyes searching hers through the screen. She took in his puffy eyes, the lifelessness of his face. "I thought I was dreaming."

"No, Dani, you weren't." Her words were just as soft, and she sighed, resting her chin in her hand.

"Is everything okay? You just... you up and left. And then you didn't answer any of us... I thought we were done. Are we done?" The look in his eyes pained her, and she felt instant regret about leaving. Secondly, she felt regret for what she'd done to him. She'd made him fall in love with her, and that... that was something.

"No, we aren't, but—"

"There's a but?" His eyebrows furrowed, and she nodded.

"Yeah. I don't want you to throw away your career for me, you understand?" She looked him dead in the eyes, and he laughed softly.

"I'm not throwing away my career—"

"Tell that to management. Yeah, I heard. You weren't supposed to tell everyone, Daniel. The whole reason I didn't tell anyone you were involved was because I wanted to protect you. So if being with me is going to ruin your career, we can't be together."

"Amaya."

"I'm serious, Daniel. You've worked too hard to give it up for me."

"I love you."

"And I love you, but you are not making sacrifices for me. Not if it destroys your life goals."

He paused, but eventually, he nodded. "Okay, yes, I understand. My career comes first."

"Exactly. I want this to work, but I want you happy more. With or without me. Ideally with, but if we don't work... your career and friendships will still be there."

"Right, of course. I agree." He seemed to wholeheartedly agree, which made her relax. "Are you coming back out?"

"No, I don't think so. You need to focus on tour. Plus, the less public we are, the less shit you'll get."

"That's true." He sighed, biting his lip as he looked at her. "I miss you."

"I miss you too. I'll see you soon enough. Go enjoy your tour. And please, make up with Jonah. At least try."

"I'll try. I love you."

"I love you, too. Night, Seavey."

"Goodnight, Amaya."

zach loml herron
thank you.

amaya loml williams
thank you, zach. i owe you one.

amaya loml williams
did they patch it up?

zach loml herron
i think they've started to.

amaya loml williams
thank the lord above.

REECE SAYS!

hey y'all!! hella updates this week !! i wanted to let y'all know i just published a jonah fanfic! and also, should this book have a sequel, or should it be a standalone? let me know!