t w e n t y - t w o

Kissing Daniel should not have been as fun as it was. Amaya should have felt shame, anger, disgust. But she didn't. All she could think about with her mouth on his was how attractive he was, how she would do anything to have him say her name in that moment.

But that was risky.

And what they were doing? Even riskier.

Making out in a locked bathroom at a concert venue was totally cliche, not to mention gross, but it was what they had decided to do. After all, it took everything in Daniel to keep his hands off her in public, so she figured, hey, why not let the boy catch a break?

"Ames," he murmured, nipping at her neck, and she hummed, pressing her body into him. He didn't say anything else until she moaned at him trailing kisses across her collarbone. "We should probably go."

"I know," was her breathless reply, and he laughed into her, making her practically melt on the spot. Oh, shit. She was absolutely going to hell, and she didn't even care. "Or you could kiss me."

"Ames." He pulled back, raising an eyebrow. She huffed but nodded, understanding the risk they were taking.

"Fine. But you're making it up to me."

"I know I am."

She unwrapped her legs from around his waist, and he slowly lowered her to the ground. Immediately, she turned to check her hair and makeup, fixing it as best she could.

"Wipe your lips," she reminded him, and he nodded, glad she had decided not to wear the transferrable lipstick today. Two minutes later, they both looked decent, so Amaya slipped out of the bathroom first. Daniel would follow five minutes later, and by that point, Amaya would be sitting in Jonah's lap, fawning over her boyfriend's talent.

Daniel did his best not to be jealous. This was what they had to do. She had to be Jonah's girlfriend, and he had to be the supportive best friend. He would just bite his tongue and put on a smile.

That was what best friends were for, right? Still, he couldn't admit it didn't sting watching her kiss Jonah knowing she'd rather be kissing him. But luckily he didn't have too long to think about it; they had a show to do.

Amaya watched the show from backstage, not wanting to view it in the crowd. Most nights, if she went into the crowd, the fans were sweet and talked to her, but she didn't want to talk to anyone tonight. Guilt was growing in her, but so were her feelings for Daniel. She couldn't look someone in the eye and say she loved Jonah when she was actually falling for his best friend.

"I know you are but what am I?" came the last lyric of the night, and Amaya edged herself back toward the lounge area so she wouldn't be in the way when the boys came offstage.

And they did after a moment, Amaya greeting each one as they arrived. She kissed Jonah's cheek, telling him he did a great job, then embraced Daniel, whispering something in his ear that made them both laugh.

"I kind of want to meet people," Zach said after downing a water bottle, and Jack nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, if they're still out there."

"They always are," Amaya informed them. It was true; she often went out to talk to fans while the boys changed and relaxed after shows.

"You coming?" Jack looked at the other three boys. Daniel nodded, but Corbyn and Jonah decided to stay back.

"I'll come. I can take pictures." Amaya smiled, leading the way to what she knew would be a ton of fans. The boys were so good and kind, doing this.

The moment they were out of the room, Jonah turned to Corbyn, his face unreadable.

"There's something going on with Amaya and Daniel. I think she's cheating on me."