The Wish (Edited)

1st POV

I sighed to myself as I walked home from another horrible day at work. My boss once again yelled at me for absolutely nothing. I'm telling you, my boss yells at me for no reason. She always seems to find an excuse to yell at me. Making me feel like an incompetent worker. I swear I only work there just so she can yell at me. You'll think my day is going to be better once I get home. No, it won't. I live with my delusional, crazy boss named Agatha who yells at me all the time at home, too. So, not only do I have to deal with yelling at work, but I also have to deal with it at home. I call Agatha, grandmother but she isn't my biological grandmother. She found me living on the streets and raised me like her own granddaughter. She was the kindest person I had ever met until she became delusional.

My life was living hell living at the orphanage after my parents were murdered. On the night of my fifth birthday, a powerful enemy of my father killed both of my parents while I hid in a secret room so he didn't see me. Not only did he kill my parents, but he also burned my home down. I managed to get out of the house before I burned down with it. Once I escaped from my burning home I couldn't stop running for fear that he might be coming to kill me too. I kept running and running until I tripped over a rock and fell. I guess I hit my head on something because I lost conciseness after that. When I woke up. I found myself lying in a hospital bed. A park ranger found me and took me to the hospital. He also called the police because I was alone without a guardian when he found me. I told the police what had happened. They assured me they would investigate and make sure that I would be okay. I was scared and tired. I didn't stop crying for my parents unless I was sleeping from exhaustion.

After I got released from the hospital, I was sent to live in an orphanage run by a man named Jiemma Orland. But it was more of a slave camp than an orphanage. I was forced to work like the other orphans and was tortured, abused, and starved like them, too. Once they found out that I had powers they worked me even harder than the rest of the kids and was tortured more because of it. Since I was too young to control my magic.  Whenever I was scared or upset, my magic went chaotic and caused me a lot of trouble. I did not get along with anyone because I had powers they did not understand. All the kids called me a monster and stayed far away from me. I tried very hard to get them to like me and no matter what I did, they were still afraid of me.

On my eleventh birthday, after all those years of torture and neglect. I had enough. My magic started to control me and I blacked out. I saw all the destruction I caused when I snapped out of it. I couldn't believe what I had done. So I ran away in fear that I might hurt someone. I couldn't face my fear of what I might have done and knowing what they said about me was true. Days later, I overheard that the orphans were all safe and that Jiemma was arrested. So glad I did not hurt anyone. I am also relieved to know Jiemma can't harm them anymore. But I still regret not being in control of my powers. I could have seriously hurt someone or worse. I spent the next couple of years living on my own doing what I needed to do to survive. 

Until I met Agatha who raised me as her granddaughter. Agatha owned a seafood restaurant off the seashores where I worked. On the weekends, Agatha and I would wake up extra early to go to the docks where the fisherman would unload all the seafood they caught that week. Agatha always haggled down the prices of the seafood she needed to buy for the restaurant each week. She is strong-headed and always gets the price she wants to spend that week. No one could argue as well as she does. When she gets something in her head, the way she feels it should be, she does not back down.

When I got home, it was surprisingly quiet. I looked around and saw a note on the refrigerator, saying that she would be gone for a few hours. 'Great, it'll be quiet! I'll have a few hours without her yelling at me!' I thought to myself. However, I won't be alone. I also live with my buddies "Happy, Frosch, I'm home!" Happy is a blue cat that loves to eat a lot of fish. Especially the way Agatha prepares and cooks in her restaurant.