The Story Begins (Edited)

1st POV

It's been a year since I met Po and started to live with him and his father and it's been great. I finally found someone who accepted me for who I am and found a place I can call home again. As the year went by Po became a brother figure to me while Mr. Ping became like a second father. Happy and Frosch love it here too. But there was still that voice in the back of my head that said otherwise. It always reminded me that I still don't fit in here. Sure, I got two more people who accepted me for who I am. But I'm still back where I've always been. Sure, I can use my magic more often now. But only around Po and Mr. Ping. Around everyone else, I have to keep my other half a secret. I wish I could be myself without being treated like a monster because of it. 

"Po, Elizabeth! Get up! It's time for work!" I woke up to Mr. Ping yelling for Po and me to get up for work. I got out of my bed and went to wake up Happy and Frosch. "Come on, you guys. Get up." Frosch rubbed her eyes and sat up. But Happy was still asleep. "Happy! Get up!" Happy was still asleep. "Well, I guess you don't want any fish then." Happy's eyes shot open and he sat up. "I'm up!" 'Works every time,' I thought. After I got dressed and ready, we all went downstairs to help Mr. Ping with the restaurant. "Morning, Mr. Ping." "Oh, Elizabeth. I told you already, call me Papa Ping. I know you have only been with us for a year. But you're already like a daughter to me." "Thanks, Mr. Ping. I mean Papa Ping." "Now, why hasn't Po come down yet? Po, get up! You'll be late for work!" 

I then heard a thud and cringed. Po must have fallen out of bed again. "Po! Get up!" I shook my head and started serving noodles to the customers with Happy's help. While Frosch did whatever she did. Suddenly, I heard crashes going on upstairs and then Po came rolling downstairs. Po then fell in front of Frosch. "Hi, Po!" "Hi, Frosch," Po groans. "Sorry, Dad." "Sorry doesn't make the noodles." "Morning, Po." "Morning, Elizabeth," Po said while getting up. "What were you doing up there? All that noise," asked Mr. Ping. "Nothing, just a crazy dream." 'Must be dreaming about Kung Fu again,' I thought. "About what? What were you dreaming about?" asked Mr. Ping. "What was I...I was dreaming about...," Po shuttered. I nodded at Po, signaling to tell his father. "Noodles." I facepalmed. "Noodles? You were dreaming about noodles?" "Yeah, what else would I be dreaming about?" Po asked while handing a customer a bowl of noodles with a ninja star! "Happy, get that star!" "Aye, sir!" Happy said then flew off to get the ninja star. 

"Oh, happy day! My son finally had the noodle dream! You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment. This is a sign, Po." "A sign of what?" "You are almost ready to be entrusted with the secret ingredient of my Secret Ingredient Soup. Then you will fulfill your destiny and take over the restaurant! As I took it over from my father, who took it over from his father, who won it from a friend in mahjong." "Dad, Dad, Dad it was just a dream." "No, it was the dream. We are noodle folks. Broth runs through our veins." "But Dad, didn't you ever want to do something else? Something besides noodles?" "When I was young and crazy, I thought about running away and learning how to make tofu." "Why didn't you?" "Because it was a stupid dream. Can you imagine me making tofu? Tofu. No! We all have our place in this world." 'Expect for you,' said a voice in my head that made me cringe. "Mine is here, and yours is..." "I know, is here." "No, it's at tables 2, 5, 7, and 12. Service with a smile." 

Po and I were serving noodles to the customers and I spoke, "Po, why didn't you tell your dad the truth?" "It's not that simple, Elizabeth." "Sure, it is. Just say 'Dad, I don't want to take over the restaurant. I want to do Kung Fu'. See it's that simple." "I just don't want to hurt my dad's feelings. Have you ever wanted to be somebody else than your dad?" "Nope," I said without thinking about it. The first thing you should know about me is that I love my dad. I always admired him and I wanted to be just like him. Before he and my mom died, we spent so much time together. He was the only one who understood me and what I was going through. I always had been Daddy's little dragon. "Great." "Po, I have known you and your dad for only a year. But I know for a fact that your dad loves you and that he'll support you no matter what. Besides, you don't want to spend the rest of your life doing something you don't want to do." "You're right. I'll tell him." "Good. Now, come on, we got customers to serve." Po and I went back to serving the customers not knowing that our lives were about to change.