Awkward tension...

The next day, training continued as normal in Nekoma High School but the one thing that was NOT normal was how Kuroo and Kenma weren't talking to each other...

During practice drills Yaku and Lev were paired up together. Out of curiosity, Lev asked Yaku what happened to the pudding head and the captain.

"Yaku-San what happened to Kenma-San and Kuroo-San?"

"I dont know?"

"hmm maybe you don't know because that short body of yours cannot process the information..."

"MY BODY SIZE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!"

Yaku went to beat up Lev for saying that. In the background you could hear Yamamoto and Fukunaga laughing hysterically. Yaku gave them a glare which could kill. They became silent in a second and walked out of the sports hall to get some water.

While the rest of the Nekoma team were doing drills or having a break, the awkwardness between Kenma and Kuroo remained. They were in pairs doing the 'bump-set-spike' drill in absolute silence. They didn't make any eye contact at all. Anyone around them would probably feel uncomfortable too.

Thankfully everyone else noticed and 'eye-signalled' Yaku and the boy noticed.

"Everybody! Let's play a match!"

Yaku looked at the captain for confirmation and Kuroo nodded, as if hoping for a match to happen.

The team split up onto two sides of the court and Yaku ushered Kuroo to the side that Kenma was on. The blond boy was blushing furiously and the captain was looking away shyly. Lev detected what could've happened between those two and started laughing. Yaku shut Lev up and started the game.

~time break~

After the inter-team match, Kuroo and Kenma would usually walk home together since they're neighbours but today they didn't. The team could sense that something was terribly wrong with Kuroo and Kenma so they had an emergency meeting after the bed-head and the shorter teen had left.

~at the meeting~

"is it just me or is Kuroo-san and Kenma-kun avoiding each other?" Yamamoto asked

"I think everyone noticed the tension between them" Yaku said

"I definitely noticed it!" Lev said loudly to the group of teens huddled together

"We have to leave soon so I will tell you guys the plan tomorrow before practice so ARRIVE EARLY" commanded Yaku.

~scene change~

Kuroo and Kenma were walking side by side quietly both thinking about their relationship with each other. Kenma kept thinking about what Hinata said to him the day before at the practice match. Kenma didn't know that Kuroo had overheard what Hinata said and kept quiet.

"Kenma..."

"hm?"

"What's our relationship supposed to be?"

Kenma stopped walking and he froze in the middle of the path. Kuroo looked at Kenma and he quickly said reassuringly,

"You dont have to answer that if you dont want to!"

"no no it's fine. I was thinking about this the whole time..."

Kenma looked away feeling bashful and refused to look at the captain of the Nekoma team. The rest of the walk back home was so silent all you could hear was the leaves rustling and the wind howling past. As they reached their houses all they said was,

"bye Kenma"

"see ya"

The couple didn't look back or even glance at each other after that. Usually after the entered their homes they would text each other but today, their phones had no messages from each other.

They were both expecting messages from each other, but none came. Kuroo and Kenma kept checking their notifications.

Kuroo and Kenma's phones

notifications (0)

_________________________________________

Hi guys hoped you enjoyed this chapter! hmm I wonder what's going to happen to KuroKen next????? wait for the next chapter to find out ;)

Support my fan page on Insta!!
Insta: milkboi.kags