It Begins

Through the darkness of night, a long green and spikey shape made its way through thick fields of grass and crops. While to the creature ran it had no idea why.

Raking its brain for memories or a reason why it knew nothing. It seemed not to be working. it let out a little whimper as a big shape loomed in the crops in front of her, it was big and a greyish blue colour she backed away and kept going, following whatever instinct was telling her to keep moving. Glancing around the creature heard something being called over and over again.

"Peridot!" They'd call.

The name clicked in the green creature' s mind, it seemed familiar but not knowing why the creature crawled through the brush towards the continuous calls, curiosity brewing wild inside her.

"Peridot!" The creature heard this call closer, it seemed more desperate. Sticking her head through the crops out into the open, the creature spotted the something or rather someone that had sounded so desperate.

It was a small human with a red shirt and fluffy black hair. She stared at the human for a few comments, eyes wide. Who are you? Why do you seem so familiar?

She was so lost in thought she didn't notice the human was looking in her direction, had it spotted her?

She ducked back into the tall brush, keeping her long snout shut tight. A few more human-looking creatures emerged and made their way towards the boy.

Her green gaze fixed on the blue gem on the back of one of their necks. They spoke to her with frowns on their faces and sadness in their voices.

The blue human fell to the ground, covering her face with her hands. Something shot through the green creature making her want to go out there and comfort this strange being, she reached out her front leg, the floating fingers outstretched. She recoiled them as the strange humans left leaving the boy and the blue human.

"Lapis, I'm sure we'll find her. If the diamonds proofed her with the blast she'll reform and come back to us I'm sure." The boy told the blue lady who she presumed was Lapis.

She looked up like she had a spark of hope only for her head to drop again. "What if," she paused. "You said the diamonds corrupted gems when they blasted the earth many years ago, what if Peridot is corrupted as well?" She demanded, her voice cracking with emotion.

The creature felt a wave of emotion and crept out, still keeping low.

The boy frowned and sat down beside Lapis. "I'm sure we'll find a way to heal her if that's true, and all the other corrupted gems."

Lapis leaned against him briefly. "Oh, Steven. First, it was the barn, now Peridot. Why is everything I feel connected to disappear.." her voice trailed.

Both of them sat in silence for a few moments.

"It's a little too cold out for me," Steven said to Lapis before standing up. "Coming with me?" He asked.

Lapis shook her head. "I'll stay a little while." They both shared a moment of silence before the human boy walked away.

The green creature crept further out into the open, the spines that stuck out of her body made the crops rustle as she brushed up against them.

Lapis looked back at her, startled.  The creature froze, eyes wide.

The blue gem jumped to her feet, long water wings came sprouting out of her gem and she flew up. Out of desperation to find out why this gem felt so familiar she sprang forward, wrapping her claws around the gems leg and pulling her back down gently.

They both locked eyes, the tuft on the creatures back spiked with alarm, ad more emotions shot through her.

"Are you.." Lapis began. "Peridot?" She whispered. The creature blinked. Me? I was the one they were looking for? Am I Peridot?

The creature released Lapis and stepped back with her green and black striped legs. Peridot.

Peridot saw Lapis look around quickly. "I have to take you back to the temple." She said quickly. "Maybe Steven can heal you."

Peridot stared at Lapis, eyes wide with confusion.

Lapis' gaze shot back to her, realisation setting in. "Do you remember Me? Do you remember what happened?" She asked.

Peridot hesitated. She had no idea what had happened or who this gem was, she felt empty. Empty of memories and emotions that she was supposed to feel and the ones she did she had no idea what they were.

Lapis frowned at her. "C'mon, come back to the temple with me." She said, holding out her hand.

Peridot hesitated once again before padding up beside her, her neck tuft and rear tuft bristled slightly.

Lapis led her back to the temple and climbed the stairs to the house, Peridot followed hesitantly.

Last Edited: 31-12-19