The tape

As the gems returned, Connie had taken out her laptop from her bag and pulled out a cord, connecting it to tape. They all sat in silence as they waited, Peridot's eyes were trained on the tape before looking to the screen every so often.

Connie fiddled around with it for a while, making Peridot feel very impatient. She wanted to see what was on this tape bad. After a few more momments of waiting there was a click that came from the computer. "This is Peridot, Steven and I have been trying for a while to talk to Lapis. It seems she has no interest in talking to me, and I do not blame her," the tape said.

Peridot took in the info as there was a pause, she shot a glance back at Lapis. She looked guiltily in her direction.

"I was really hoping Lapis would stay, I truly was going to share what I had if it meant proving I had changed to her. I am going to give this tape to her, as it had helped me settle in and clear my thoughts when I myself was trapped on earth. I hope she will enjoy this, and if you are listening to this Lapis, I hope you enjoy this." The cut of was very sudden, it seemed there wasn't a functioning ending.

Everyone went silent.

Peridot closed her eyes for a momment. That was the sams voice that she sometimes spoke with, the voice talked with ease and so quickly. It displayed emotion, it was like a real voice. Something that worked, unlike her own. But what did Lapis have anything to do with this? Why am I missing so much?

Then three gems walked through the door, Bismuth, Pearl and Amethyst they looked surprised at the others gems sitting on the ground with the computer. "What're y'all doing?" Amethyst asked, coming over. "We found Peridot's tape recorder, aaannd we just listened to the last recording." Steven explained, getting up and looking in Peridot's direction.

To her, it seemed they all were. Peridot couldn't help but feel so lonely, she was trying her best to fit in as she was but it was like they wanted a whole diffrent version of her, which was true. She wanted to see them happy as they were to have Bismuth back, but when they looked at her now after trying their best they just looked sad. Peridot felt hollow, empty of the things they wanted. She was just a shell of what they wanted, they didn't want her. They wanted Peridot.

Peridot shrunk back, her thoughts clogging her mind.

I'm not the Peridot they want, but I will have to try to be. I have to overcome my stupid fear if rejection and stand.

Peridot's negative thoughts cleared and she pushed herself upwards to stand. Her eyes darting across the house.

"Are you alright, Peridot?" The biggest gem here asked, Bismuth. She stared at the gem, she gave her a worried smile. It was strange.

The gem had seemed distant to her but now looked like she truly cared.

Did She?

Peridot nodded to Bismuth, locking eyes with her for a few moments. Bismuth took a step closer. "I know I shouldn't have reacted the way I did yesterday, I'm sorry Peridot." She smiled guilty.

Peridot gave her a half smile, unsure of what she meant entirely. Bismuth glanced over at Amethyst and Pearl, they gave nods before looking over at Steven, Connie, Lapis and Garnet.

"What now?" Connie asked. Amethyst looked towards Steven with a k owing smile. "How about pizza?" They suggested.

Pizza?

Before Peridot knew what was happening she was being dragged outside into town.

Short chapter, sorry I've had writers block.

Like I said in the other fan fiction I have been writing I will be only posting chapters on the weekend from now on, giving me 5 days to possiblely write or do my school work which comes number 1.

Thanks for all the READS, I really do love you guys,