Pumpkin

"Peridot?"

The green gem heard a voice behind her. She didn't turn to look back to whoever said ig, her eyes were fixed on Bismuth who was wading through the water, stream following behijd her has the lava and water collided.

"Uh, hello?" The voice repeated. It wasn't a voice she reconized straight away so she turned her head, eyes narrowing at the girl who stood behind. She found she had seen this girl before, but she couldn't remember them.

The girl had a half broken sword in her hand and her face seemed panicked. "What happened to you..?" She asked quietly then looked up at Bismuth. After that, the girl raced up the stairs, into the house.

Strange.

Peridot lifted to her legs, standing up. She shot a glance towards Bismuth. Do we really have to stay here? I want to explore. She shot a glance towards the house, thinking. With a quick note that it might be dangerous she headed off, desprate to explore. She walked the way into town, pausing by a large building with a big circular object on the top. She decided to continue and walked down the beach, her gaze fixed on the buildings and the people.

It was all quiet until voices could be heard in the distance. One loyder then the others.

"You may returrn to your homes!" A voice called out.

Then she saw a huge group of people heading down the boardwalk. One of them seemed to notice her watching them from the beach and pointed.  Peridot felt all the eyes of the people fix on her. Oen thing stood out to her, one female was holding an orange rohnd object. It began to bark and jumped out of the blonde girl's arms.

It ran towards her, Peridot took a step back snarling in alarm. It had a green tail and on top of it's head had a green spike or something. It had what looked like a carved out face. She couldn't work out the emotion coming from it, it constantly wanted to get closer to her but Peridot wouldn't let it. What if it hurt me?

"Pumpkin! Don't do that, it's not like you I don't think.." the girl called to the pumpkin. The blonde girl ran towrds the Pumpkin scooped her up. "Steven would kill me if you got eaten by something." The people had started to come towards her, making Peridot back away down the beach.

"Peridot!" A voice called. She lifted my head, trying to see who had said it but she was well surrounded by now. With a hiss of desperation, and memories fresh on her mind of her poofing she launched at the people, they split apart with a scream at the attack.

Once free she glanced around again, it was Steven and the other gems and that girl.

She shrunk back as they walked towards her slowly. Steven crouched down infront of her. "What were you doing? Didn't we telk you to stay with Bismuth on the beach near the temple?" He scoled sending another emotion through Peridot. She didn't want to feel this way, too many emotioms she had forgotten and left behind flooded back and struck her.

The three gems went off to the towns people to explain.

"Good thing that the everyone's coming back. Did they do anything to you? You sounded in pain?" He asked. Peridot shook her head, looking towards the girl who was giving her a long pity stare. Steven walked over, seeming to notice it.

"What happened to her?" The girl asked. "She was corrupted by the diamonds blast." Steven told her, eyes wide with saddness. "That's horrible." The girl exclaimed. Peridot gave them both a stare before my gaze drifted off towards the Pumpkin.

"Oh! Do you remember Pumpkin?" Steven asked her, rushing over to take the creature from the blonde girl. "Thanks Sadie, you were a great help." Then he turned back to her and held Pumpkin out to her.

Peridot stared at the thing, it seemed scared now. Atleast it wasn't barking. Peridot sniffed it, it had a sweet scent that felt familiar.

"Who.." Peridot stared at it. "..yo..u?"