A truce

Peridot stared down at her body, shock coursing violently through her.

There was a moment where she felt real, not fake like she had ever since..

Then it faded away, just like the memories. Looking up at Steven, I saw the sorrowful look in his eyes.

Behind him, Bismuth had been restrained by Amethest's whip.

Steven scooped up the two gems and backed away from Bismuth's corrupted self.

Peridot stepped back, her gaze darting towards Bismuth. She was roaring in rage, trying desperately to break free.

A whimper rose in her throat. She held it in, trying hard not to shiver under the weight of this sudden memory.

Even if she had seen and drawn herself on two feet, Peridot couldn't remember it. She wanted to know who the gem was who could walk on their hind legs, look normal and talk. Like the other gems here.

But Bismuth showed no memory of anything. Maybe she did remember Peridot but she belived the only gem like her was to far gone to fix.

There was a hand placed on her shoulder and she looked to her right. Lapis crouched beside her.

The shivering stopped.

There was a loud snap and Bismuth broke free. The creature bounded towards them with great speed, leaving a trail of lava behind her.

Caught off guard, Lapis was flung away from Peridot by Bismuth. The creature looked down at her before charging again at Lapis.

Peridot let out a cry out after Bismuth. The creature skid to a halt and looked back at her with a low growl in reply. Peridot shook her head and shot a look over at the gems.

Peridot saw Bismuth physically stop tensing. She had pleaded Bismuth to leave them alone, they were alright.

Pearl and Amethyst were still in battle mode and stared, weapons drawn to attack again. Steven had put the two gems down and was helping Lapis up.

Steven then looked at Bismuth then to Peridot. "I'm sorry, I should have saved you both." His voice was sad.

Lapis then spoke. "No, it's my fault. If I wasn't so much of a coward none of this would have happened."

Peridot looked over at Bismuth. The creature looked confused more then anything now, she was looking around.

Please! A voice called in her ear.

I froze for a moment, where did that come from?

Remember!

I shook my head, clearing it and looking around at the gems.

What was that? Peridot thought.