Reverting?

"Go get the others!" Bismuth ordered, glancing back at Peridot. 

She didn't move, she watched at Bismuth's hands glowed and formed into a hammer, while the creature drew towards the shoreline. It finally seemed to notice the two of them and it's dark blue eyes narrowed, tail lashing through the water and sending it spraying over the two crystal gems. 

Then Bismuth jumped up towards it and hit its head, at the contact the big creature's jaws parted to reveal a row of extremly sharp teeth. Peridot paniced. Dont't bite her! 

Bismuth landed safely and looked back at her. "Peridot! At least get to a safer place." she yelled across the beach in a begging tone before focusing on the creature as it finally reached the shoreline and pulled its long scaled body from the water and growled little at Bismuth.

Peridot took a step back, what would happen if the creature caught her? I can't leave Bismuth on her own. Summoning courage Peridot ran forward, staring at the creature with wide eyes. The blue serpent lunged it's head towards Bismuth, Bismuth's hammer hands blocked i's jaws from clamping shut at her. Peridot knew she wouldn't be much help, after all she didn't have a weapon, she wasn't sure if she had a power and to add onto it she struggles to talk.

Taking a deep breath in Peridot called. "Hey!" she called loudly, the serpent's deep blue eyes turn towards her and it drew it's self towards Peridot. Peridot narrowed her eyes, panic flaring through her. The blue snake lifted it's tail  to swing it across the ground behind it. "Watch out!" Peridot called again towards Bismuth who was behind the serpent. She looked up confused for a few moments before spotting the tail flying towards her and leapt up, onto the back of it. 

Peridot flinced as the serpent stopped only a meter away from her and turned it's head to fight Bismuth off it's back. Then there was a loud pop and a huge cloud of dust poofed into the air. she panicked a little more, which gave her a very bad feeling in her head that made her hunch over in pain, she closed her eyes tight.

"Peridot?" 

she opened her eyes a little to see Bismuth standing over her with worried eyes. In her hand was a red and blue, oval shaped gem. Peridot frowned and noticed there was a small trail of green liquid running from Bismuth's mouth. she seemed to notice it too and wiped it away before crouching in front of Peridot. "What's wrong?" she asked. 

"I..pain.." She managed to get out, green acid shot from her mouth in small droplets as she opened her mouth. while her arms glitched under the pressure of holding up the body. Bismuth picked her up gently. "C'mon, I gotta get you to Steven. Try not to speak or open your moth okay?" Bismuth requested. Peridot choked back another cry of pain as her arm glitched once more to reveal the same arms and paws she was used to before her hands, she gasped alittle making more acid spew from her mouth. 

Why does it hurt so much?