Terror

Lapis opened the door and walked in, keeping it open for Peridot.

"Hey Lapis, did you clear your mind?" Someone asked. It sounded like Steven the one who was previously talking to Lapis.

Peridot crept into the house, her claws clicking on the wooden floor and her spiney tail trailing behind her.

There was a gasp. Peridot looked up, eyes wide. She spotted three more gems that looked extremely startled. The Steven jumped up and rushed over, wrapping his hand around Peridot' s neck for a hug.

Peridot let out a hiss and jumped back, unfortunately hitting the wooden wall. With another little hiss of pain, she stood back on all four of her legs and looked over at Steven who frowned sadly at her.

"Is that Peridot?" A tall slim one asked, her hands covering her mouth. Lapis looked back at Peridot. "Yes."

Peridot stared at the three figures, they also seemed familiar. The tall one with sunglasses removed them and crouched down in front of Peridot. She was surprised to find the figure had three eyes.

"Do you remember anything?" She asked. Peridot blinked again. What was she meant to be remembering?

"No," Lapis answered for her. "But I do think she recognizes us A little bit." Peridot glanced over at her with her eyes narrowed a little bit.

"Okay, then let's just tell her who we are." A short purple gem walked over. "I'm Amethyst, and that's Garnet-" she looked over at Garnet who was right beside her. "And that," she looked back at the tall slim one. "Is Pearl."

Peridot gave a slight nod and opened her snout to say something at least. All the came out was a crackled cry.

Peridot noticed the sadness that flashed in their eyes at that. 

"What about Bismuth? She was out there too." Pearl asked, meeting Lapis gaze as she looked at her. "I hadn't found her."

The boy made his way over. "Peridot. Do you remember seeing Bismuth?" He asked her.

Peridot glanced over her shoulder. Yes. She replied, but it was only in her mind.

Steven left without a reply walked over to the little table and placed down a piece of paper and some pointed green object. "Here, you can write or draw your answer here." He pointed to the paper.

Peridot stalked over and picked up the pencil and wrote 'Yes' on it and handed it to Steven. He smiled. "Do you remember what happened at All?"

Peridot looked down at the paper and drew, it showed herself on two legs running away in tears and another gem which she guesses was Bismuth trying to catch up to her and she drew a blurred diamond in the sky next to it another blurred out diamond and one last diamond shape of white in between them and handed it to the boy.

She had no idea where this image came from, or why she had drawn it.

Peridot examined their faces, as they passed the paper around. Steven's reaction was expected, he looked sad but there was a hint of hope and fear whirling around in his eyes white Garnet's, Amethyst's and Pearl's reactions were a lot like each other, they all looked a little mad but equally sad and Lapis' reaction was all sadness and guilt that she didn't quite understand.

"Peridot," the boy began again. "We need to know where Bismuth Is, do you know?"

Peridot thought for a moment before racing through the door and jumping off the balcony into the sand. She looked back at the gems as they followed her.

Peridot took off again. She was set on finding Bismuth. She was the only one that she remembered more. Over the hill she ran, the gems trailing behind.

She stopped as she reached the tall fields of corn. She passed over towards a crater in the ground, it looked like something was ripped from the ground.

She turned, seeing the gems gathered, watching her carefully. Peridot paused, listening. She turned back towards the hole and sniffed.

I recognize this, I was here before.

Peridot recognized another scent.

Bismuth?

She turned again and passed past the gems into the cornfield. There a quiet growl that came front in front of her,  she stepped back startled. 

A tall bulky creature leaning on four legs, lava dripped from its mouth and legs it was a blackish blue-grey creature with Bismuth iconic rainbow hair streaming down.

Peridot stared at it for a moment. Bismuth noticed her but didn't attack her or anything.

"Peridot?" Someone called.

Peridot looked back through the tall corn then back to Bismuth. Willing her to come. peridot led her away from the fields towards the gems, Bismuth following.

As Bismuth emerged the lava dripping flow became worse and she growled at the sight of the gems.

"Bismuth!" Steven cried in relief. Lapis walked towards Bismuth only for Bismuth to snarl.

Lapis paused. "I'm sorry."

Without warning Bismuth launched herself across the ground aiming a splatter of lava in direction of Lapis and skidding to a halt beside the other gems, only to turn to them and spit the lava. Steven made a large shield that stopped the lava but began to melt through.

Aware of the situations they all spilt apart as Steven got rid of the shield and made a dash to avoid the falling lava.

Garnet who was facing Bismuth had had her glasses knocked off had her gauntlets on.

Something hit Peridot as Amethyst pulled out her whip and Pearl her spear.

A wave of familiar fear shot into Peridot s mind and she saw herself again being held still by the gem only to be poofed, Peridot shivered at the thought and looked at the gems they all were surrounding her in the thoughts. Peridot's claws dug into the ground as she watched.

All three gems apart from Lapis and Steven fought this corrupted version of Bismuth.

"We have to poof her," Garnet instructed. "She may be our friend but she's a risk the way she is."

"No! Maybe I can-" Steven began only to be cut off. "We need to do this, Steven. I promise we will heal her soon just not now." Garnet said, as the three of them still fought.

Peridot out of fear for the only one she remembered launched herself at Garnet. Crashing into her the fusion fell forward.

Bismuth who was now over Garnet crushed down on the gem. There was a puff of smoke and a poof, two gems fell to the ground. Peridot suddenly felt guilty as Steven cried "No!" The boy threw his shield hitting Peridot away. "I'm such a clod!" Peridot hissed.

Everyone looked at her eyes wide.

Steven picked up Garnet' s gems and looked towards her. "Y-you spoke?" Peridot opened her snout to say something but nothing came out.

I did?

Last Edited: 1-1-20