Chapter XII

They were still on the bathroom floor, (Y/N) 's hands mindlessly wrapped around the test. Tears were still rolling down her cheeks but she wasn't crying anymore. All she'd been doing for the past 15 minutes was silently staring at the test as if she still couldn't believe the results. 

Suddenly she felt a awkward pat on the shoulder. 
"It's alright". she raised her head and saw Sangwoo looking at her sympathetically. What surprised her the most though was how genuine his expression was. 

"You know, on my way back from the pharmacy I've been trying to convince myself that you'd must have been lying and the whole pregnancy thing couldn't be real. I've really wanted to kill you back then. But here we are now and by we I mean you, me and our child." he paused for the moment as if curious of her reaction. 

She was looking at him and listening attentively to what he had to say. 

" Will you carry this child for me?" he asked his voice void of any emotion, almost robotic. 

"Do you want me to?" she asked back, her voice audibly trembling. 

"I won't kill it. I leave the decision up to you" Sangwoo admitted after a long pause. 

"I will." she said after what felt like an eternity and finally felt slightly more at ease. 

"Good." and just like that he left her alone on the tiled floor and before she was able to react she heard the front door opened and slammed shut. 

(Y/N) pinched herself and then looked at the test one last time before throwing it away to the opposite side of the room. Just as she was about to start crying, she got an idea. This child could be her chance to escape. Although Sangwoo's reaction was rather enigmatic and quite ambiguous, there still was a small flick of hope. Maybe he'd care enough to take her to the doctor and there she'll be able to get help? She really wanted to believe that the nightmare she was currently trapped in could have a happy ending. However, she still was unsure of Sangwoo's true motives. Him being actually happy with becoming a father seemed off. But on the other hand, he seemed "off" in general, so maybe in his twisted mind there was a sick desire to start a family of his own. 

Finally (Y/N) made up her mind. An unexpected opportunity had came up and she's about to make the most out of it. She'd be free again. No matter how much it'd take. 

The following weeks passed unusually calmly. Sangwoo seemed to be taking into account the fact that (Y/N) was pregnant and would try to control himself and not hit her. At least not too hard. The girl was also doing her best not to annoy him and tried to obey his orders. He'd bring home numerous women and late in the night (Y/N) could hear their moans of pleasure slowly fading into desperate pleas and later screams of agony. 

Sangwoo was clearly taking out his frustration on them which made her feel a bit guilty. 

Things started to change around the time (Y/N) was about to enter her second trimester. 

She remembered Sangwoo looking a bit different than usual as he was about to go out, like he did most of the evenings. His clothes were tighter and more revealing and he had light makeup on. 

"I'm going out! I'll be back soon." she heard him yell from the doorstep and then the door closed. She finished washing the dishes and headed to sleep. Being nearly four months pregnant, her baby bump was becoming more visible each day. 

She quickly drifted to sleep. She was really tired. Sangwoo would give her more chores now that her legs got better and she was able to walk. Plus the growing bump would get heavier causing frequent backaches. 

Suddenly she was awaken by a pair of strong hands shaking her. 

" Sangwoo?" she asked still half asleep. 

" Come, there's someone downstairs I want you to meet" He said helping her get up. She noticed him looking different, a bit psychotic. She felt shivers run down her spine. 

He led her to the basement. It reeked and (Y/N) felt a shiver run down her spine. Her grip on his hand tightened. 

"Don't be silly, I'm not gonna hurt you" Sangwoo said and squeezed her hand reassuringly. 

He let go of her and went down the stairs to turn on the light. Then he reached out to her and motioned to come down. 

In different circumstances such behavior could have been considered romantic but back then they were entering a dark room filled with muffled cries and blood stains on the floor. 

Having her eyes adjusted to the dimly lit surrounding, (Y/N) noticed a half naked man tied up and kneeling on the floor. He seemed to be in late forties, maybe early fifties. Sangwoo must have already beaten him since there bruises forming all over his body and there was even some blood running from the cut on his left temple. 

"Doesn't he look pathetic? "Sangwoo asked while walking up to the man and crouched in front of him. 
" Tell me, was it really worth it? Was going to that gay bar really worth? You're about die, you know, right? And why? Coz you couldn't keep it in your pants. " Sangwoo's laughed echoed in the silent room. 
"You make me sick." Sangwoo spat at him and stood up. There was a long pause. Suddenly he smiled wickedly and walked up to (Y/N). She froze as he stopped behind her and started softly massaging her tensed shoulders. 

"You know, soon I'll be a father too. My sweet (Y/N) is having my baby." Sangwoo said proudly to the man. 

It was very visible how uncomfortable he made her feel. She turned her head to avoid looking at the kidnapped man. 

"Just look at us. Look at (Y/N) , isn't she beautiful ?" Sangwoo asked and grabbed her jaw, forcefully turning her head to the tied man " Our baby's gonna be so pretty, so perfect." he continued with a sick smile. 

"And I'll be a great father, so much better than you fucking pervert" Sangwoo continued. 

(Y/N) felt something strange hearing that coming from Sangwoo. 

" (Y/N)" she heard him calling her name. She must have zoned out. 

"Y-yes?" she stuttered, afraid of what was about to happen next. 

"Go back to sleep. I don't want you to watch what's about to happen. It wouldn't be good for the baby." he ordered but in a way that it sounded caring. 

" Of course" (Y/N) said quickly, trying very hard to hide her astonishment. Was that really the Sangwoo she knew? He seemed so odd, so different than usual. She made her way to the bottom of the stairs. 

"Goodnight Sangwoo" she said and smiled gently, the whole thing looking as if they were mocking the kidnapped man.

" Goodnight baby" Sangwoo smiled back at her and soon (Y/N) was back in the bedroom, sleepless, listening to the screams coming from the basement. 

A/N:
Sorry for any mistakes. There are around 4 more chapters left.