Chapter XVI

Trigger warning: There's some non consensual content by the end of the chapter, it's written in cursive. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, please don't read it.

"Are you sure it was her?", a policeman asked dr Kim. He was pointing at a picture of young woman, (Name) (Surname), who's been missing for the last 4 months. The girl in the picture had long (color) hair and looked much healthier, yet there was something in her face that looked awfully familiar.
The doctor sighed. “ As I’ve said, the woman I’ve seen had short dark blond hair and was pregnant, but her face did look very familiar”, Mrs Kim explained for the nth time. The policeman started getting on her nerves.
“So it might have been someone else. Changing the hairstyle doesn’t take long, but pregnancy? Missing women usually end up murdered or they fall into to the hands of human traffickers. Sadly, there’s a very small chance that the woman, you’ve seen was Ms.  (Surname)”, the policeman replied, visibly bored. 
“But she had a fake ID!’’, dr Kim was trying really hard not to raise her voice, as her patience was running short. “Isn’t it enough to start an investigation? It says here, she’s been missing since March 1st, so it’s been nearly 5 months, she could have gotten pregnant during that time. I told you, wasn't that far along.”
“Please calm down, we’ll inform you when the investigation will be set up. There’s a lot of ongoing cases that we must close first”, the policeman said and stood up indicating that the conversation was over.
“But then it might be too late. Can’t you start investigating immediately?”, the doctor tried reasoning, “Look, maybe you could at least look up the man she was with, Oh Sangwoo. See if it’s his real name”.
The policeman took a deep breath and spoke coldly “That is enough. I must ask you to leave now”.
“Wait!”, suddenly a young officer came into view, taking long strides towards Mrs. Kim. “Hello, I’m officer Yang Seungbae. I’m investigating Ms.(Surname)’s case. I’m so sorry for my colleague’s rude behavior. Could please sit down and tell me what you know about the case”, officer Yang smiled apologetically and motioned towards his desk.
“I heard you mention Oh Sangwoo, correct?”, Seungbae asked as soon as they sat down.
“Yes, but I’m not sure if it’s his real name. Does he have something to do with the case?” the doctor asked curiously.
Seungbae smiled sheepishly and said “I can’t let you in on too many details, but yes, Mr Oh was seen with (Surname) the night she went missing. That is of course, if we’re talking about the same Oh Sangwoo. Could you describe him for me?”.
The information provided by dr Kim suggested that Seungbae’s suspicions were right and Sangwoo was indeed connected to the case. Seungbae had interrogated him a week after (Name) went missing, as he was considered a witness since he was present at the party. However, back then there was no evidence suggesting Sangwoo could be associated to the case and he claimed he hadn’t even known (Name), so he was free to go.
According to what the doctor said, the the woman Sangwoo was with, was anxious and might have been threatened by the said man. That would have suggested she was kidnapped, but Seungbae found this hypothesis odd since kidnappers would very rarely go into public with their victims. 
There was only one way to find out what was really going on. Seungbae decided he’d pay a visit to Mr Oh and if anything would seem suspicious, he’d make sure to have a search warrant the next time he’d visit him.

                                ***
(Name) was in the kitchen cooking dinner. Sangwoo was supposed to come home in less then 15 minutes. The meal was almost ready. It wasn't anything too complex or fancy, since ingredients provided by Sangwoo were basic and (Name) wasn't the best cook. So it was a pretty standard dinner, some kimchi, rice, beef and radish soup and a roasted fish as a side dish. The soup and the rice were ready, and the only dish still in preparation was the fish. 

(Name) sighed. Beef and radish soup was her sister's favourite. When they were little (Sister's name) would often ask their nanny to make it for them. (Name) used to hate it, but now it reminded her of her old life. She cherished all those small traces of the past, the normality that she had once taken for granted. 
Cooking and cleaning would always give her a lot of time to think. But those dear memories of home, weren't the only things occupying her mind. In the back of her head were thoughts, she didn't want to acknowledge as hers. Most of the time they were hidden deep within the subconsciousness. However, sometimes when (Name) wasn't careful and let her mind wander too much, they resurfaced bringing anxiety and confusion. They were toxic. 
Slowly sinking in her consciousness, poisoning her mind with bone chilling ideas. 

"Sangwoo's right",whispered the voices in the back of her head, "My mother does favor my sister. I'll always be in her shadow, no matter how hard I'll try. For them I'll never be good enough. Maybe it's not that bad in here. Sangwoo seems to care about me, sure he has some worse moments when he loses control, but he cares. It's not his fault, it's because of his childhood trauma. Even if I were to escape, my mother would probably blame me for getting kidnapped in the first place. I was drunk and careless… Maybe it's my fault".

A sudden creak of the door interrupted her thinking. She heard heavy steps and soon Sangwoo entered the kitchen. 
"Welcome home", she quickly greeted.
"What's that smell?" the male frowned and asked. 
(Name) widened her eyes, suddenly she could smell it. "The fish!", she quickly opened the oven and smoke filled the kitchen. The fish was burned. 
"Fuck, can't you do anything right?! Go open the windows" the man shouted quickly tossing the fish in the trash and then blasting the AC.

Half an hour later they managed to get rid of the smoke.
"There's some tofu left in the fridge. I could make dubu-jorim if you'd like?", (Name) asked as she was reheating the soup that had already gone cold.
"I'm going out tonight ", Sangwoo announced. He was sitting at the table, his arms crossed, and glaring at the woman." You're sleeping in the basement ",  he stated coldly. 
(Name) felt shivers down her spine. She dreaded that place, because she knew how much blood was shed there and how many lives were taken. She turned abruptly, now facing the man and his expression said it all. At first she thought he'd look angry, but his eyes seemed empty instead. They were void of any emotion, be it anger, compassion or even lust.
"Please ", she begged as she slowly approached him, " I beg you, don't make me go there" she pleaded.
"Are you questioning my decision?" , he raised an eyebrow.
Her eyes widened, " No, of course not! I'd never-".
"Kneel", Sangwoo ordered and (Name) immediately did as he said. She was looking at him in fear, unsure of his next move. It all became clear when the man unbuckled his belt and undid his pants. She could see a small bulge in his boxers.
"Suck me off and I may reconsider my decision ", it wasn't an offer that could be refused.
(Name) suddenly felt sick. She hesitantly push down his boxers.
She wrapped her hand around his half hard penis and pumped it a few times. Then she reluctantly took the tip into her mouth. Sangwoo immediately started thrusting and hitting the back of her throat, as a result making (Name) choke. She was struggling to breathe, but his strong hold on her hair, prevented her from pulling away and taking a breath. After few more thrusts he came on her face and it was finally over.
She'd never felt so humiliated. With closed eyes, she waited for the man to speak.
Sangwoo slowly fixed his clothes and stood up. " I'm gonna change and I'll be off. You can go to the bathroom if you want, but be quick. I want you in the basement in ten minutes.", he said and started walking in the direction of the bedroom.
"B-but you said that I wouldn't have to-", Name stuttered, her whole body shivering and heartbeat accelerated.
Sanwgoo suddenly turned and sent her a death glare immediately making her protesting cease. "I said I'd reconsider my decision" he hissed, "And it remains the same. I don't want to hear you questioning my decisions ever again. Do you understand? I can push you down that stairs again, don't ever forget that".