Chapter XIV

It was Friday afternoon as (Name) found herself sitting in a waiting room of a nearby clinic. Sangwoo was right next to her as they were waiting for the appointment with an obstetrician. Still waiting for their turn, (Name) was curiously observing her surroundings. It'd been so long since the last time she was out in public.
(Name) looked around. She had to admit she felt a bit jealous seeing all the happy couples around her. The fathers-to-be were smiling fondly at their partners. The women looked a bit stressed, but in the good way, as if they knew everything would be fine eventually. The pairs looked pretty similar to how she'd always imagined.
After all, to say she'd never thought of having kids and visiting an obstetrician with her significant other would be a lie. However, the circumstances she was currently in were, to put it nicely, slightly different than what she'd imagined. She'd always thought it'd be a precious memory made together with a partner whom she'd actually love. She'd be older and would have means to raise a child.
Instead, there she was sitting next to her captor , threatened that if she'd mention the kidnapping in the slightest she'd be done for. Her arm was still healing and she still could feel some pain while walking.
Her gaze landed on a large mirror in the corner of the waiting room. She didn't recognize herself at first. She looked so much different. In order to hide her identity Sangwoo cut the majority of her hair leaving her with a short bob, which he later bleached and dyed dark blond. Lower part of her face was covered with a mask. Since they'd run out of clothes that would fit her , she had to wear his clothes. In his oversized and black jogger pants she looked a bit like a failed emo.
"Don't you think I'll stand out too much?" She asked him before leaving to the clinic.
Sangwoo stared at her for a while before bursting into laughter.
"We're twinning. Isn't it funny?" He continued laughing.
He was right. His outfit was pretty much the same as hers, albeit the clothes fit him perfectly, accentuating his best features. She couldn't help it but smile softly.
It was supposed to be completely different, and yet she felt oddly thankful. Thanks to the baby, in just a few moments she'd be free again. All she had to do was to ask for help, start screaming and someone'd call the police. It'd be over.
She took a quick glance at Sangwoo while he was typing something on his phone. He seemed to be in a good mood. On their way to the clinic he even cracked a few jokes.
"Park Seo-yeon!" a nurse called out.
"Come on, it's our turn." Sangwoo stood up and reached out to (Name). She almost forgot she was going under a fake name.
She quickly nodded and they went into the doctor's office.
In the office, a tall, middle aged woman was sitting behind a white desk. She smiled gently at (Name).
" Hello, I'm doctor Kim. Nice to meet you Mrs Park." she said and reached out to shake (Name)'s hand. Then, she turned to Sangwoo.
" And you must be the father" she smiled shaking his hand as well.
" Please, sit " she said from her sit.
" So, it's your first appointment here, am I correct?" she asked (Name).
" Yes, we've only recently learned that Seo-yeon is pregnant " Sangwoo answered before (Name) could've even opened her mouth.
The doctor seemed a bit surprised with the answer, so Sangwoo quickly added:
"She's been on birth control for a couple of years and her periods got quite irregular."
" I see. Perhaps you remember when you've got your last period?"
Sangwoo was just about to answer the question when the doctor added "I'm asking mrs. Park"
(Name)'s eyes widened. For a moment she wasn't sure what she should say. First thing that came to her mind was a " You see, I don't really remember because I've been kidnapped and kept locked up since God knows when". But then she glanced at Sangwoo. Big mistake. He was looking at her with so much fondness and there's some new kind of warmth in his eyes that made her hesitate. Then an even stranger thing happened. The man softly took her hand interlocking their fingers. "Come on, baby, don't you remember?", he said with the softest smile.
" Uhm, I-I think it was four months ago", she finally answered, her voice shaking. Sangwoo lighty squeezed her hand.
" I see, too bad you don't know the exact day" the doctor typed the information on her computer.
Doctor Kim asked (Name) a few more questions and prescribed some vitamin supplements. The entire time the doctor was talking, (Name) felt very conflicted about revealing the truth. On one hand she wanted to be free again and to see her family and friends again. However, one look at Sangwoo, how fondly he was smiling at her, how excited he got when there's a time for an ultrasound sound, and she was no longer so sure about leaving. At that moment, everything seemed so peaceful and she felt a tiny bit of hope for the future. She was having second thoughts. Maybe Sangwoo could prove to be a good father for the child? Suddenly, she had an urge to give him a chance, even if it meant risking her life and staying with him. She couldn't properly explain that sudden impulse, maybe it was caused by hormones or maybe she was slowly losing her mind.
"Alright, are you ready for your first ultrasound? Please, lay down here" the doctor said and helped (Name) her prepare for the examination. She was scared and her hands were shaking a little. Seeing that, Sangwoo gently stroked her hair.
"Don't worry, baby, it's gonna be alright " he whispered and kissed her temple.
Finally, on the monitor began appeared somewhat human figure.
The couple was watching in awe as the doctor was moving a transducer on (Name)'s skin. The girl felt tears gathering in the corners of her eyes. She glanced at the man, he seemed equally moved.
" Oh, what a surprise ", the doctor suddenly gasped " Remember when you said , you don't know anyone in your family to have twins? Well, congratulations, you're the first. "
Doctor Kim chuckled and (Name) nearly fainted.

A/N
I'm so sorry for the long wait guys and I'm really thankful for all the positive comments, they're really motivating me to continue writing this story :)