Awake

'He was pushed and shoved. One question plagued him, how much more can I take'

Mane pov

I wake up suddenly from having my arm bent backwards by Tex. But something is wrong, my mind its... scrambled. Where is Sigma? I opened my eyes to see a person with sigma's avatar over their shoulder.

"Agent California, will you please retrieve the other AIs from agent Mane." I heard Sigma say, wait why didn't he just say it in my mind...

Third pov

That's when Mane's head started hurting, voices started talking in his head behind the sound of a pelican's machine gun. When the flashbacks started.

Flashback

"No please, Jaune, I know you're in there." North said, his kneecaps being shot out.

"Jaune is gone, he was replaced by agent Mane, now Mane has been replaced by the Meta." Sigma replied, as the Meta reeled back the blade of the brute shot, and put it through North's heart.

Present

"No, you made me kill my first true friend." Mane said, almost crying as he was assaulted with more memories.

Flashback

The Meta walked up to Carolina, picking her up by her throat. He ripped out her two AIs, god is she ok?

"Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo," she screamed at the Meta, but Sigma smiled in her face and threw her off a cliff.

"Run agent texas," Sigma said when she ran away from both of them, "for we are the Meta."

Back to the present

"She was always like a sister to me, why?" Mane asked, tears escaping his eyes. He put his arms up to see that one was pure metal, but he was still being assaulted with memories.

Flashback

The Meta looked over to see Wyoming, he was on the ground blood leaking from a hole in his chest.

"Just finish it, make it quick for me alright." wyoming said, slumping down as Gamma was taken out of the back of his head and a magnum was pointed at his head. Only for the scene to change to a blue armored man being knocked out, then having the Beta AI ripped from him.

Present

"What have I become?" Mane asked, when he was assaulted with even more memories.

Flashback

The Meta slowly approaching some blue themed soldiers, pulling out his brute shot and proceeding to kill them one by one till he got what he came for. The Omega AI.

Present

"What have I become?" Mane asked silently as he lay among the autumn leaves. A large engine could be heard behind him, but he didn't care. He was too busy drowning in his own tears, another family slipping through his fingers.

"Come on, I know you've been through a lot but are you going to let something less than a foot in height stop you now?" A female voice asked, it sounded familiar to Mane. 479er! This was enough to rouse him, seeing her hand outstretched to him. He took it, being pulled up. He was skinnier than before. Not as skinny as he was when he was a kid, but damned close. Sigma had made him not eat in order to allow for him to seek out as many AIs as possible. The pilot helped him up to the pelican and laid him down on.

"This is 479, I have the agent Mane and are heading back to base." He heard her say as he pulled up his hand, his left to see the metallic substance that had replaced his flesh and armor. That was all he could do before he blacked out.