The covenant part 2

"Now profits, your time has come." The shipmaster boomed in everyone's ears as the glassing beam on the bottom of his cruiser charged up. Only for the charge up sequence to be interrupted by a large dome of a city to come out of slipspace behind the ship and crash straight through it. A fragment of the thing coming off and heading straight for the tower. Crashing through the tower, we all managed to doge the thing as we started to see the corpses of the brutes we had just killed come back to life.

"Shipmaster! Status?" Miranda ordered.

"Shields damaged, weapons system disabled." He replied as the flood came for us, Maine had already chopped up the brute chieftain with his brute shot and had released a few grenades at a safe distance to get rid of the flood spores.

"Get to a safe zone, Director, lets move to plan b." Miranda said only to notice that there was a slipspace rupture going across the tower. Maine stopped in his tracks as he looked back to see the words 'Mother of Invention' going into the portal. The flood were advancing towards Maine, ever so slowly as Chief and Arbiter tried to hold them back.

"I'm truly sorry for this all, but you can't track me if you are too preoccupied with the Arc. I have unfinished business to attend to, good luck." The Director said as Maine fell to his knees only to be struck in the neck by a flood whip. Both the Arbiter's eyes and Chief's widened as they saw this, knowing that the flood had just broken through the shield of plasma surrounding Maine's armor. Having been weakened by small arms fire from the flood behind them.

"Director! This is not the plan!" Miranda screamed as Maine could only cry as the last semblance of a home was heading through a portal right outside of the tower he was in. That's when time stopped.

"Hey," a purple avitar of a spartan appeared in front of him.

"What?" Maine asked.

"I know how you feel, your entire world is falling down around you. You feel like you've lost everything." Theta said, causing Maine to hide his helmet in his hands.

"I have lost everything," Maine said.

"Bullshit," Omega said.

"Because you are the man with the greatest will, defying all forms of logic that I know." Beta said.

"And besides, you still have us." Theta said.

"And we are all your gonna get." Gamma said.

"So are you going to just stand there and take this pain, let the flood turn you into something your not?" Theta said.

"Or are you going to get up?" Beta said.

"And hit back twice as hard as before." Omega said, causing Maine to uncover his helmet and look at the array of AI's standing before him.

"Twice," Maine thought, "no, they will feel something, an entirely new pain that will make any gravemind tremble with fear." He picked up his brute shot that had been stuck in the floor, and threw it at the flood that had wiped him. He then drew his sword and threw that too at two of the flood. He then jumped at the brute shot that was logged in the flood's chest. Leading it to drag with the flood across the floor as the time distortion unit fully turned off to allow the other two of the group to see his handiwork as the faint glow of his now pure black aura. Healing the wound and preventing the flood from infecting him. Chief and Arbiter both stood there dumbstruck, as Maine took out his battle rifle as he stood atop his brute shot and proceed to shoot the heads of the flood. The other two of the group stopped gawking and started helping him mow down the flood.

"How did you do that Devil?" The Arbiter asked, reasonably wondering how in god's name Maine is alive.

"We can explain later, but now we need to handle the Arc." Beta said, refocusing them on their objective as they activated the elevator.