Chapter 31: Just Try and Stop Me

"Wake up." he demands for the umpteenth time and again I just turn over and ignore him, lulling myself back to sleep. "Aqueela, get up." he repeats. I never thought I'd hate hearing his voice before now. I moan and choose not to comply, burying my head into my pillow. Before I know it, the covers are removed off me.

I wanted to talk two nights ago, but Jay wanted me to sleep. Yet now when I want to sleep, he decides he wants to talk.

I jolt up in panic, rushing to get my covers back. He's intruding my private space by doing this. "Back off Jay." I whine sleepily, glancing around my dark room with no light in sight what so ever, "It's like three AM in the morning. What's your deal?" I complain, letting out a yawn of exhaustion.

"It's three, yes, but three pm you idiot." Jay corrects me.

"Yeah right. Then why is my room is so dark?" I ask, wanting to disprove his stupid statement.

Jay taps his chin in mock thought as I blink up at him innocently and rather tiredly, "Hhmm, I don't know. Maybe it's because of the black plastic bags you hung up all over you room, including the window, to block out all the light."

Oh yeah...totally forgot about that...

"That's a preposterous theory." I try to defend myself. "I'm not a crazy person."

Jay shakes his head at me impishly, "First off, you are a crazy person. And second and I'm quoting you now, 'Jay I can't sleep with light. Ooh plastic bags would do the trick. It would seem like night all day long'." Jay mocks me in a high pitched girly voice that sounds so unlike me.

However, I did say all that.

I glare at him, "I do not sound like a wounded puppy juggling marbles in its mouth!" I hiss at Jay and his terrible annotation of my voice. "And besides...I forgot I had put black plastic bags up all over in my room. That just proves my idea was great. On the other hand, the night did feel awfully long."

Jay rolls his eyes at my rambling before leaning down toward me and yanking me out of bed, "I would've let you sleep more. Hell I'd let you sleep forever seeing as the house is so peaceful, but unfortunately I had to wake you because you have a visitor downstairs."

My eyes snap oven again a the word 'visitor'. Immediately I jump out of bed, shoving Jay aside excitedly, "Oooh visitor! We have a visitor!" I squeal happily, clapping my hands repeatedly much to Jay's frustration with me growing. "You could've just said that from the start than your boring lecture Jay!" I snap, pushing him out my room, well his guestroom, to change out my PJ's that no doubt Jay had now seen.

I change into a colourful sundress before running downstairs to meet this visitor of mine. I glance around the lounge questioningly. Jay seems to already know my question as he answers it, "He's waiting outside. He insists on not coming in. I think he's still pissed with you."

Well now...what male is pissed with me at the moment? That doesn't rule a lot of people out. My list hasn't been narrowed. There's a lot of males pissed of with me at the moment.

I open the door ecstatically to see no one. I frown. Then there's coughing from below. My eyes drop down to the floor where the short pudgy kid stands. I sigh mentally before slamming the door closed. Well that was disappointing. "No visitor in sight." I say to Jay but he sees through my lie.

Jay grumbles curse words beneath his breath about always having to answer the door for me. He, being courteous and polite, invites the devil into his house. "Cool Guy Jay, good to see you." 

Jay grins down at him in a friendly manner before fist bumping his fist, "Sup Buddy."

"More like sup pudgy or porky." I mutter to myself, annoyed.