Shokugeki x KnY

• Kamado Tanjirou reincarnated as Yukihira Souma.

Well, he did say cooking is like a playground for him.

.

• To be a Demon Slayer meant death always linger on every step you take. So Tanjirou wasn't surprised when he died after slaying a strong demon. While he was glad to be able saving those civilians, he regretted a bit leaving his already turned into human Nezuko and others.

Oh, well. He knew they'd manage it.

And so, with a sense of satisfaction and a small regret harboring his heart, Kamado Tanjirou died.

...Only to wake up as another person.

.

• So. Reincarnation.

Hm. This was new.

Tanjirou--wait, it's Souma now--listed notable things from his second life. He still remembered about his past life including breath technique, he was born in era far modern than his previous life, he was currently a baby, he had quirky mom and no sibling (for now).

• Quickly learned there was no demon. Souma was relieved.

• On the other side, his father was really good at cooking. Like, really good. Souma determined to cook as good as him.

• His mother's inability to cook amused him with a twinge of melancholy. Back then, Nezuko couldn't able to cook too...

Ah, his sharp sense of smell was still there. He just realized it when he smelled terror from that person who ate her mother's creation.

.

• Jouchirou realized his son was an odd one. Not in creep way, simply... weird, at least for him.

He knew his personality wasn't the best, and his wife was ex-delinquent. At very least he should've picked one or two of their bad habit.

Yet... It seemed Souma only picked their good habits. Maybe. Because Jouchiro didn't remember expressing a great love in cleaning house and neither did his wife. But somehow, for some reason, Souma was really fond of doing chores.

He was really polite too. So polite and honest he would make a weird face when lying. Tamako had a good laugh when Souma lied to them for the first time.

Joichirou couldn't remember very well why Souma had to lie, but he knew it was actually someone else's fault. God's know why he decided to protect him.

Of course, like normal parents, he didn't look at gift horse in the mouth. He was glad his son would grow up as someone respectful, but he's still kind of weird that he could produce such nice kid like Souma. Gin would have a great laugh looking at him.

.

• Souma grew up as a kind man. Still practicing his breath and swordsmanship at a dojo near his house. He became the ace of the dojo at the tender age of 13. The senior had tried to coax him entered international-level tournament (Souma had gained his national-level medal for the nth time now), but Souma always gently refused them.

He wanted to focus on other subject, he said. Nobody could push him more than that since then.

• Funny thing was, Souma found out that using breath to cook could enhance his cooking skill and senses. It had been proved when Souma finally had a tie with his father by using breath. Joichirou was confused but proud.

.

• Got Erina and Hasako wrapped in his finger by basically being earnest and patted her head. Erina wanted to scold him for being rude, but she couldn't when her eyes meeting his innocent eyes.