KnY x FGO (10)

• Ubuyashiki finally got a chance to have a talk with the infamous "demon".

.

"I thank you for saving Rengoku, Kamado Nezuko-dono. Or perhaps, are you prefer to be called as Gudako?"

Gudako calmly sipped her tea, creating a picture of elegance and composure. "This humble one doesn't worthy for your thanks, Oyakata-sama. I simply did what I can do to support the team," she said.

"And I do not mind any names, although I do prefer to be called as Gudako. No suffix needed."

"Is that so?" Ubuyashiki hid his amused smile with his sleeve. After all of the rumours, their first meeting, and information he got from the pillars, he didn't expect for her to be able behaving in such polite manner. It's as if he was talking to different person. Ubuyashiki had believed he had known every single aspect about his children, but it seemed the reality had planned one step away, like always.

Maybe she had another agenda?

Not impossible. Kamado Nezuko, or Gudako since she wanted to be referred with that name, had showed her extraordinary wits countless time. Many lives had been saved and unnecessary disputation had been avoided.

And the scary part was, never she was directly involved nor expressed her true intention in any ways possible. She simply pulled the string, played a jester role, and fooled everyone to make them think that their action was 'unexpected'. That their choice was purely came from their own intention.

In reality, it's the opposite. Always the opposite.

With such cunning brain pulling strings behind his back, Ubuyashiki couldn't help but getting curious. What did she plan? Would it beneficial for Demon Slayer Corps? Or would it put Muzan in advantageous spot?

Playing mind games with the girl in front of him was like man who had been playing shogi for years challenging a professional shogiーwhile he might as well put some fight or even cornered her down, she would find a way to defeat him again and again.

Plus, using such method to his own child left a bad taste on his mouth. He loathed it.

Ubuyashiki just wanted to know. He wanted to know what's inside the girl's head whose existence was an enigma and see if it could put their endless battle with Kibutsuji Muzan into an ending.

Ubuyashiki Kagaya truly, truly wanted to know more about her and her sibling whose future couldn't be predicted no matter what. Or rather, he wasn't allowed to see it.

It was intriguing to say at least. Why he wasn't allowed to see it? How powerful their guardian spirit was to the point able to make a affect in reality?

Was it related to Kamado siblings' unwillingness to be referred by their true name? After all, when one changed their name deliberately, it meant that they'reー

"With all due respect, I advise you to stop trying to figure me out, Oyakata-sama. Or else your head will explode."

Ubuyashiki blinked at the deadpanned girl. Was she able to read his thought? "My apologies," he said. "I do not mean to pry into your personal life. I'm just, ah, curious. On the side note, this is my first time hearing that idiom. Is it something you made by yourself?"

Much to his surprise and slight amusement, Gudako made a choked noise. He might had lost ability to see, but he could imagine the horror look on hher face before it disappeared quickly. Her breath sounded controlled in rhyntm, most probably she forced herself to stay calm.