Chapter 1 : Moving to Los Angeles

"Fuck! This shit hurts", I say as I pull my hand back. Looks like this engine is going to piss me off again. I'm working on it for 2 weeks and it still gives me a slight headache.
"Hello dearest best friend", Maya's voice made its presence into the garage.
"Hello to you too May"
"Ugh! Again? You never get tired of fixing cars?", she says as she takes a seat.
I shake my head and I roll my eyes.
"What do you want May?", I ask.
"Nothing much. I just wanted to tell you that we're moving to Los Angeles"
"What?!"
"What?", she says lifting up her shoulders.
"Are you kidding me?"
"I wish I could babe", sometimes she jokes around calling me 'babe'.

In the house

"Mom! Dad!", I shouted. Soon they were in the living room.
"I just washed those clothes, young lady. They're dirty again because of oil", my mom says.
"Oh, fuck off mom. Do you care about my clothes or me? When were you planning on telling me that we're moving to Los Angeles?"
"Watch your mouth Alexis. Don't talk like that to your mother", my dad jumps.
"Can you stop fooling around? What good reason do you have for moving in L.A?"
"Business", my dad says.
"Of course. 'Cause why not?", I puffed.
"Alexis! What's the matter with you lately?"
"Nothing. You know what? I'm going to pack my bags. You never knew to ask me if I want to move. Because guess what? You don't care anyway!", I say and I go upstairs in my room where I slam the door.

Soon my vision started to blurry and my back slowly hits the wall. Am I going to leave everything just like that? Again? This will be the third time when we're moving. Because of their fucking business.
Most of my time I spent it in the garage fixing cars, but am I going to leave them like that?
And yes, you can call me a cry baby, immature for crying for such things, but I get attached when it comes to cars.

I breathe in and out and I slowly get up and I make my way to the closet from where I take a luggage and I start packing my clothes.
After I was done with packing, I changed quickly into a pair of black jeans and a black T-shirt and I went downstairs and I go out, walking straight to the garage where a Volkswagen G.T.I 2006 was staying. No, it's not my car. I sold it mine six  months ago. It had a lot of problems and it made me angry every time when it broke down. This G.T.I belongs to a neighbor, Mark. He asked me if I could do something and I accepted it.
Now when I'm looking at this car, it's like I am leaving my escaping place. 24/7 I was fixing cars. I graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering.

Looks like I have to call Mark and apologize that I can't fix his car anymore.

"Hey Alexis", a voice greeted me. I turned around and I see that is Mark.
"Hey Mark. Just in time. I want to tell you something"
"About how much it costs to fix it?", he asks.
"Oh, no, no! It's not that. I have to say that I can't fix anymore your car, because I am moving"
"Oh! Well, thank you for what you did to my car until now. You're the best Alexis!"
"It's a pleasure to help you. Here, take this. It's a visit card of someone who can help you with the car. He's doing a great job. And I'm sorry that I can't fix your car"
"Don't be sorry. I understand the situation", he says with a shy smile.

"Come on Alexis. Time to leave!", my mom says and I roll my eyes.
"Looks like you have to go. Have a nice time there", Mark says.
"Thank you Mark. Take care of you and your car", I say and I turn around and I go to my parents.
"Who was that guy?", my dad asks.
"Why do you care?", I say coldly and I put my luggage in the trunk.
"Alexis I am your father, of course I care about my little girl"
"Your little girl is not little anymore" , I say and I jump in the car. I plug my earphones in and I play some music.

Five minutes later, my parents were in the car and we were moving. I hope that Los Angeles will bring me something good.
Watching through the window and seeing that we leave, it breaks my heart a little. No, we don't take the plane. We live 500 kilometers away from Los Angeles, so it looks like my dad is going to drive 500 kilometers, this if we aren't going to switch places. I have a driving license. Don't worry about that.

Few hours later we stopped at a gas station to fuel the cars. I got out of the car to do a little bit of stretching.
"Alexis, can you go with Maya to buy a few drinks and snacks and to pay for the fuel, please?", my dad says, handing me some cash.
Me and Maya entered the little shop. First I paid for the fuel and I went after drinks while Maya after snacks. Coke and Sprite sounds good. I bought 6 Cokes and 6 Sprites, I paid for them and we went outside.
My parents were waiting for me and Maya's were doing the same. We shared the Cokes and Sprites and the snacks and next we jumped in the cars hitting the road again.
Soon I feel my eyes getting heavy and I let myself in a world of dreams.

In Los Angeles, at the new place

"Alexis, wake up! We're here", my mom's voice wakes me up, even if I want to sleep at this moment.
I slowly open my eyes, and get out of the car. Now I'm standing in front of a mansion. It's beautiful, nothing to say, but it still doesn't make me feel better.
"We're going to share this with Maya's family. Go and choose your room, sweetie", my dad says.
I took my luggage from the trunk and I walked to the door. I opened it and I see that the interior is quite simple. Nothing too fancy. I like it. I see a staircase and I go upstairs. I entered the first room on the left. It is quite big, with a Smart TV, a bookshelf, a bathroom, the bed is quite big for a girl like me and the most important, a balcony.
I start to unpack my things and put them in the closet.

"So what's your opinion?", I heard Maya's voice.
"Make yourself comfortable May. Until now everything is nice and simple", I say.
"I can't wait until we meet new people, especially new hot boys", she says dreaming.
I shake my head with a smile.
"What? I bet that I can find you a handsome guy", she says smirking.
"Don't you ever do that. You know that I prefer cars"
"But cars can't make you moan and-"
"And fuck off with your dirty thoughts", I say and she starts to laugh.
"Oh my God! Alex, seriously you need a boy", she says, still laughing. I took a pillow and threw it at her.
"Shut up. I don't need a boy. I'm happy being single"
"Whatever you say boo. But for your information, we are going to a club tomorrow night", she says.
A thing I forgot to tell you. She's 22. Legally she can go. I'm 19 and I can't.
"You'll go. I won't. I'm 19, remember?", I say as a matter of fact.
"So? I'm telling them that you're with me. I'll use my sexy charm", she says.
"Oh God. Why do I have the feeling that we'll get in trouble?"
"No, we won't. Trust me"
"Okay, okay. This time I'm at your hand. But tomorrow until we go to the club, I will search for a job as a mechanic. I need to keep myself busy"
"Okay, I will come with you if you find something. I'm going to take a shower and to get some sleep. I love you Alex. Good night!", she says.
"I love you too May. Sleep tight", I say and she went to her room.

After a good shower, I changed into something comfortable and jumped in the bed where soon I drifted in a deep sleep.