Chapter 16 : "Watch your back"

"I need to find him, Luke!"
"You stay here! Either you like it or not!"

Couple of hours earlier

Alex's P.O.V

Who thought that Luke can be messy with such a beauty? I'm washing the Demon since Mister Clean is a little way too lazy to do it himself.

"Hey Alex! What's up?", I hear May coming.
"Just washing the Demon. Luke's too lazy to do it", I say and she lets out a laugh.
"Who thought that you, Alexis Carter, will be in a damn relationship?"
"Not me, that's for sure"
"I'm really happy for you, babe. When you're going to take a little vacation, by the way?"
"I don't know how. Truth to be told, I didn't think about one"
"You work too much sometimes and you deserve a vacation", she says.
"I'm not so sure about it, May", I say and I hear something hitting the back's car.
I look at May, and she makes me a sign to see what it is. I take a wrench and I see a small package on the ground.
"Here, take the wrench", I say and I open the package. It has photos of me at the funeral, photos of my friends and a message.
"What does it says?"
"Watch your back. And these are photos of us. We are being watched", I say.
"By who?"
"I don't know. But I'll find out"

At Luke's place(since the girls moved in), later that day

"Oh shit!", Elijah says.
"Like oh shit", Ryan repeats the idea that we're screwed up.
"Any ideas who might be?" I ask.
"Maybe Rodriguez?", May asks.
"No, he's way too coward to do it", Luke answers.
"Maybe it's someone who worked with my parents. That person it can be the one who set the car on fire", I add.
"We need to talk with Rodriguez first. Maybe that motherfucker knows something", Damien says.
"And where do you find him? He ran away since last time when he tried to kill me" I say.
"Good point sis. So what do we do now?", Damien asks.
"I don't know", I say and my phone goes off.

"twinkle twinkle little star"

I furrow my eyebrows as I read the message.

"Who the fuck writes something like this through a text message?", Damien asks.
"I don't know, but something is telling me me that I should go at the garage", I say getting up from the couch.
"Oh no, I'm not letting you go to the garage. You're vulnerable there, and who sent that message knows that", Luke says.
"I need to find him Luke"
"You stay here! Either you like it or not!"
"Watch me", I say sternly and I leave the house.

"Alexis! Come back!", I see an angry Luke standing in front of the door while I was ready to get in the car.
"I will find him Luke!", I say and with that I get in the car. "Or he will find me", and I drive to the garage.

Once arrived there, my heart started to beat so fast that I actually could hear it, and I don't know what I should expect. A fight, a bomb?

"twinkle twinkle little star"

I hear the scary melody and some steps behind me. I turn around and I see a silhouette which tries to hit me, but I dodge his movement and I hit him in the face. He punches me in the stomach, which makes me fall on my knees and he slaps me on the face hard enough to make me spit out some blood. He pulls my hair and he gets dangerously close to my neck.

"He's coming for you", the man says and with that leaves me alone.
I try to get up and I make my way to the car. I get inside and I take a tissue from my backpack which was on the back seat. I wipe the blood from my lips and I turn on the engine making my way home.

Unknown's P.O.V

"Did she get the message?"
"Yes, sir. As you asked"
"Good job. You're dismissed", the man says and the other one leaves. "So, John, did you change your mind?"
"No, I already told you. I'm not putting her through this"
"Oh John, John. She already put herself in a complicated situation", the man let's out an evil laugh.
"It's still a no", and the man slaps John.
"Sooner or later, you will do it. Think about it. You'll ease your situation"