Chapter 4 : First car, first punch

Beep!beep! Beep!

Slowly I open my eyes and I reach for the alarm clock stopping it.
I get up from the comfy bed going to the bathroom where I do a shower and my routine.
While I was changing into clothes that I chose my phone started to ring. The song 'What are you waiting for' tells me that someone is calling me. I reach for the phone and I see that John is calling me. I slide to answer.

"Morning Alexis! Can you open today and take care of the garage, please? I'm leaving for a while so you're in charge"
"Yeah, sure. Don't worry about this"
"I knew that I could count on you. Thank you Alexis. Have a good time!"
"Thank you John. See you when you come back", I say and the line goes dead.
Well, looks like I will be alone with cars.
I better get going to the garage. I take everything that I need and I make my way downstairs where I find May in the kitchen drinking coffee.
"Morning May"
"Morning Alex. Where's the rush?"
"To work. John isn't coming for a while and he left the garage on my hands"
"Can I come with you? I don't want to be alone at home"
"Of course you can come"

At Luke's place

Beep!Beep!Beep!

I slam the alarm clock into the  wall making it pieces. I open my eyes letting them  adjust to the light.

You prefer to call you a fuck boy?

Fuck you Alexis! This has been in my mind all night. Damn it, she knows what to say every time. But still fuck her.
I get up from the bed and I make my way to the bathroom where I do a shower and my routine. I come back and I change into blue jeans and a black t-shirt and I go downstairs where Damien is texting someone and the others enjoy their coffee.

"Morning", I say and they answer, except for Damien. Okay?
"Oh, morning Luke", he says still texting.
"Who do you text to?", I ask.
"Maya"
"The mechanic's friend?"
"Yup. That Maya"
"Please don't tell me that you like Maya", I say.
"She's a nice girl. I don't see the problem if I like her", Damien says.
"Whatever", I say and I start making myself a cup of coffee.
"You can't stand Alexis, don't you?", Elijah says.
"You can tell that twice", I say as I pour hot water over the coffee.
"Well, she's a challenge for you", Ryan smirks.
"Challenge my ass. She has-"
"-no idea about cars. Whatever you say Luke. But get used to the idea. She's our mechanic. Plus I talked with John. He's gone for a while and he left Alexis in charge. She's the one who's going to modify your car for the race",  Damien completes.

The race! Fuck! I forgot about it!

"When is the race?", I ask.
"In 2 months"
"2 months?!"
"Yeah. Do you want to repeat myself or what?", Elijah asked.
"No, no. I got it"

2 months. And this girl has to modify my car.

"Damn it"
"What's the matter with you Luke?", Damien says and I laugh sarcastically.
"With me? Better said. What's the matter with you? You talk so nicely to that fucking bitch who has no fucking idea about cars and you ask me what the fuck is the matter with me?!", I snap angrily.
"Someone's  a little jealous?", Ryan says in a baby voice.
"Fuck off Ryan. If she doesn't know to modify my fucking car I'm going to blow her brains out"
"Calm the fuck down before I kick your ass. You're making no sense. If John trusts her we need to trust her too. Either you like it or not", Damien says.

He has a point, but I still don't trust her.

At the garage

The first car arrived 30 minutes ago and I'm so excited, but I played cool. While I was inspecting the engine, I saw that May was texting. Since we came here.
"You've been texting since we came. Who's the lucky one?", I ask.
"Damien",she says smiling.
"Luke's friend, right", I say as a matter of fact.
"Who's Luke?"
"That boy with green eyes that came here the other days"
"Oh him. And I want to tell you that Damien is picking me up in few a minutes. We want to get each other better"
I roll my eyes and I open the air filter. Well, that needs to be changed.

As May said, Damien came a few minutes later.

"Hey Alexis. First car?"
"Hey Damien. And yes, it's the first car"
"You don't mind if I steal Maya for a few hours?"
"Of course not. Go and have fun. I'll be just fine here"
"See you soon Alexis", Damien says.
I wave at them, as I go back to the car.
As the old days.

After I changed the air filter, I felt someone clapping.

"Well, well, well the mechanic knows something about cars", I hear Luke saying. I face him and I send him a death glare. He just smirks in response.
"What do you want Luke?" I say cleaning my hands.
"To tell you that you don't belong with cars"

The anger started to boil in me. Who the hell is he to tell me this?

"Oh really? Well, you shouldn't belong to Earth", I say harsh.
"At least I don't pretend to be someone who I am not", he says smirking. He's referring to me  as mechanic.
"At least I'm not the one who gets sucked by sluts", I say and I go back to the car.
"You are one of those", he says and I turn to him. Next thing that I did was to punch him. Hard.
"If you think that I'm a fucking slut, think again you idiot! I'm not of those girls who fall for boys like you. Now get the fuck out!" I say angrily.
He spits out some blood, and actually he's leaving. Thank you God!

I close the service and I go home. I need to take a shower and get some rest. I know that I didn't do a lot of things today, but Luke has reached a limit of me. Anger.
As soon as I arrived home, I went straight to my room, to the bathroom, where I spent 30 minutes.
Next thing after shower that I did was to jump on bed trying to sleep, but I couldn't.

"You're one of those"

Luke opened some wounds that I thought that they were healed, but I was wrong.

At Luke's place

When I arrived home, I found guys in the kitchen eating pizza.
"Hey", I say and I make my way to the fridge.
"What happened with your lip?", Elijah asks.
"Don't remind me", I say as I press some ice.
"Come on. We've known each other since we were kids. Who has done that to you?", Ryan says.

Oh boy, here we go. I'm going to embarrass myself.

"Alexis done this", I say in a low voice.
"Louder, please", Damien says.
"Alexis!"

They  start to laugh.

"Alexis, as our mechanic? Oh my God!", He says between laughs. "That's the best thing I've ever heard in my life", Elijah says.
"Whatever you say"
"What did you tell her so bad that she punched you?", Ryan asks.
"Just our fights. We took it a little harsh, and she got angry on me"
"Whatever you said to her, you deserved it", Damien says.
I roll my eyes, and I make my way to my room where I strip down the clothes that I'm wearing and I jump in the bed.