Chapter 17 : May God helps us

A year later, at the beach in Hawaii

Alex's P.O.V

The sun waking me up after a long night wasn't the best thing right now. My head hurts like hell and I open my eyes to see that I'm alone in the room. After many tries from Luke and the boys to get me on a vacation, well, here I am. I get up from the bed, making my way to the bathroom while I am trying to remember what the hell happened last night. We were drinking to celebrate something, I guess. I can't remember much. I jump in the shower letting the hot water to warm my cold body. It doesn't matter what season is it, my body is always cold.
After I was done with the shower, I brush my teeth and the hair and I go back to bedroom, where I open the closet and I chose a blue pair of jeans and a black bleached T-shirt with a white pair on sneakers and a pair of underwear.
I change into them, and I take my phone and I go downstairs in the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. There were the boys and May laughing and having a best time.

"Morning guys", I say with a smile.
"Morning Alexis. You had a pretty wild night, don't you?", Damien says with a slight trace of smirk.
"What the fuck are you talking about? I don't remember shit from last night", I say confused and I pour coffee in a mug.
"Sure you don't. You got so drunk and you start making out with Luke in front of us, on the couch", Ryan says.
"Are you being serious?", I say. What the hell was wrong with me?
"Dead serious", Eli adds.
"I swear that I will never in my life I'll drink alcohol again", and I take a sip from my coffee.
"That's what we all say, and do it again", Elijah says and we laugh.

Couple of hours later, on the beach

I was laying on the beach, watching how my friends have fun. I never thought of living this life. Never. I guess life's pretty full of surprises.

"Hey, you good?", I hear a voice behind me.

Oh, and to mention, I never thought that I will fall in love.

"Yeah, just enjoying the view, that's all", I answer.
"Who thought that we will be here?", Luke asks.
"Well, not us for sure", I say and he chuckles.
"But I'm happy. Thank you for all the memories", he says and he puts his head on my shoulder.
"Snapping at you and arguing with you doesn't sound like good memories", I chuckle at the thought of them.
"Maybe, but they're still there. But I'm thankful for what you did. Not many girls have balls, to say that", he says.
"Did you fall in love before me?", I ask.
"You can say that, but she couldn't handle what I do, and she decided that it's the best for us to be apart"
"Do you think of her sometimes?"
"Truth to be told, no, I don't anymore. Because I have you, and that's enough for me"
I look at him, losing myself into his eyes and I get closer to his face until our lips met in a kiss that we didn't want to end.
It was too good.

We broke up from the kiss, because of lack of air.

"What about a ride?", I ask.
"To where?"
"To nowhere. I don't know, we'll figure it out", I say getting up.

We're making our way to the Demon, laughing, and thinking where to go, until I open the Demon from distance and there goes a big loud explosion, which made us fall on the ground.

"Alex, are you okay?", I hear Luke.
"I guess", I say watching the Demon burning.

"Man, are you two alright?", we hear Eli behind us.
"Yeah, we do. The car doesn't do too well", I answer.
"Who did this?", Ryan asks.
"I don't know. But I will find out", I say and I get up from the ground. I have just a few scratches, but nothing serious.
"What do we do now?", May asks.
"We just hope that God helps us", I say looking at the Demon.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Los Angeles

Unknow's P.O.V

"So John, did you make up your mind? Will you give me Alexis?", the man asks.
"No, I will not. Just because she won that race against you, that doesn't mean you can take her as a personal mechanic", John says.
"You forgot something, dear John. I get everything you want. Plus you don't want to see your nephew suffering, right?"

John did nothing, but to keep his mouth shut.
He knew that he's coming after her, after his loved nephew. But he couldn't do anything to help her. Maybe he could somehow warn her, but he already knows that anything he does, Alexis will do in her own way.

"Can I just write her a letter?", John asked.
"Is this your last wish?"
"Yes", he answered and soon the man came back with a paper and a pen.
"Make it quick", he said and John wrote how much he could. He folded the paper and he handed it to the man.
"Do what you want. Alexis won't do shit for you", he says.

The man lets out a sadic laugh.

"Oh John, John, but she will, she will beg me to stop, she will beg for mercy", the man says.
"I hope that you'll be the one who's begging for mercy", John says.
"Well, that's not me right now", the man says and he shots John in the head.

"Well, Alexis, be ready. Blowing up your car is nothing what I will do to you and your friends. Especially your boyfriend"