Chapter 8 : Was it hard to tell me?

The night before the race

Fingerprint on , the screen says to me.
Yes! So basically to understand. I installed a sensor based on my fingerprint. But I will activate it after 300 meters. I will pretend that I will tie my shoelace and then I'll activate the fingerprint. The car will stop, and I'll drive it, when I'll activate the other fingerprint from the steering wheel. How do I know that I'll drive the car? Simple. I will go to the race. I will find where it happens the other way or another.
I know this sounds so boring but it's the best I can explain for you to understand.
"Hey Alex. You're here?", I hear Luke.
"Yeah, I'm over here", I say.

So if you wondering. In the last week I and Luke acted normal, to say that. I mean that he wasn't anymore a jerk. Well he still has some stupid jokes, but it didn't bothered me. The thing is that I don't want to fall in love with him. Seeing him every day it makes me feel, I don't know, strange.
He started to hug me almost every time he leaves. I hate it to admit but I like his hugs.

"So, how's it going with little monster?" Luke asks with a smile. Oh, I forgot to mention, his smile is adorable.
"Little monster? We are good. Although this little monster is so powerful" I said.
"You really did some magic", Luke admits.
"It's like the 100th time on this week when you're telling me this. How many times do you want to tell me?", I ask with a short laugh.
"As long as it takes. You are really the best, and I was a jerk to you", he says bowing his head.
"Look at me. I forgave you. Even for me was surprising to forgive easy, but I did it. Now it's the past", I say and his eyes meet mine.

Those green eyes are so mesmerizing. Call me cliché, but I'm starting to love his eyes color. They look so pure and it fits him so damn well. I looked at the computer's car which showed me that the fingerprint from the steering wheel is loading. This will take some time.
"Um, do you want to go out?", Luke asks.
"Oh, I'd love to, but I have to sit here. I still have some details to settle down. I want it to be perfect", I admit.
"Oh, that's okay. Um, well, I'll just head home. I'll come tomorrow at 6 P.M to pick it up. Good night Alex!"
"Good night, Luke", I say and he leaves.

Oh well, I should get back to work.

Before the race

And done! I'm done with this damn car. I looked once again at the car did a last inspection and I made sure that everything is alright. I started to play with the car's keys between my fingers waiting for Luke to show up.

"Hey Alex....Woah!", Luke says appearing finally. His jaw dropped at the sight of the car.
"Like what you see?", I ask.
"Absolutely!", he says checking me out. I'm wearing black jeans with a black t-shirt but more badass. "What's with you dressed like that?"
"Well, I thought that I could join you", I say.
"Hell no!", he snapped. I was expecting such an answer. "Give me the keys! Now!", he says handing me his hand to give him the keys.
I faked that I give him the keys, but then I took them back.
"I have no time for your fucking stupid games. Give me the keys now", he says getting closer, so close that I could feel his mint breath.
"Take me with you, or this damn car is staying here", I say. He sighed.
"Fine, damnit"

At the race

So this is what I had to modify the car.
"Don't do any bullshit around here", he says protective.
"Oh, trust me I will be an angel", I say with a slight trace of sarcasm.

He gets out the car and I do the same, but I stay beside it.
"So Luke, this is the car you're racing with? It has no chance in front of my Lambo", the guys smirks at Luke.

I wanted to say that is all bullshit. This car is more powerful and faster. Luke can't control it. I do. Well, let's just say that I drove it couple of times.
"We'll see", Luke says to the guy.
"And who's the chick?", he asks smirking at me.
"None of your fucking business, Rodriguez", Luke adds.

Excuse me? Chick?! This chick will fucking beat your ass.

"Let's make a deal. If I win I'll take the car and the girl", Rodriguez says.
"And if I win I'll take your car and you'll lead me to your boss since he's a pussy to show up"
"Deal"

Luke turned to the car and I got in it. Seconds later he jumps too.

"Put your sealtbeat. I don't want something to happen to you"
"Just fuck off and drive. I'll be fine"
"You wanted this"

And here we are. Let's do this.

We're at the start. Let's apply the plan. I bowed down to "tie" my shoelace and I activated the fingerprint. Oh boy I think I am gonna be killed.

After 300 meters the car slows down.
"The fuck?!", Luke says.
"Get out of the car", I say.
"What did you do to my car?!", Luke shouts.
"Get the fuck out of the car!", I scream.

He got out and I did the same. I jumped in the driver's seat and I activated the fingerprint. I could hear Luke mumbling something like "what the fuck I did?"

Soon I sped up and I was behind Rodriguez.

"Hello, little bitch", I say.
I changed the gear and now I was in front of him. When I got the right speed I activated Nos and few seconds later I won. I finished with a beautiful drift.
We both wanted to get out and switch places but I heard police sirens coming this way and we left.
I drove in silence until we were on a hill.

I think I deserve a fucking explanation. Luke got out angry of the car and I did the same.

"What the fuck was that?!"
"Don't you fucking dare to raise your voice at me! Was it hard to tell me Luke? Was it hard to let me know that I should modify this fucking car for a fucking race?!"
"You know nothing"
"I know nothing?! I do fucking know that you're a liar and I can't trust you anymore!", I shout. My chest was moving up and down and I was damn angry.

His face softened.

"You started to trust me?", his voice became a little bit shaky.
"Yes, Luke, I started to trust you. But you hid the fact that I modified such a beauty for a race"
"I'm sorry", Luke says.
"No, Luke, you're not sorry until you prove me that", I say.
"And what do you expect me to do?", Luke asks.
"Be fucking honest with me", I say.
"Fine! I will be fucking honest with you, but I don't think you're gonna like it!", he says tugging his hair.
"It can't be worse than my highschool years", I mumble.
"What?", Luke says.
"Nothing. I'm heading home", I say turning on my feet and wanting to leave as fast as I could. I feel the urge to cry, and I can't do this in front of him.
"At least let me take you home. This parts of the city are quite dangerous, and the fact that you drove us here and you want to leave alone, it's not going to be good"
I sighed.
"Fine, you drive", I say in the end.

We jumped in the car and Luke started the engine and drove us to my home.

The drive was quite silent, only the radio could be heard.

"We're here", I hear Luke saying. I told him on the road what was my address and that was the only conversation that we made.
"Thank you", I say.
"Alex, look, I am sorry for what I did, and if I can take it back, I would"
"But you can't and that's it", I say with a shaky voice.
"Please, let me fix it", Luke pleaded.
"Luke-", I face him "- there's nothing you can do about it. What's done it's done. Just please let me alone for some time", I say and I feel my eyes become watery. I breathed.
"Alex-"
"No Alex, Luke", I say and I get out of the car.

He started the engine and left in a hurry.

He left me crying.