Chapter 2 : The new mechanic

Beep!

I slowly opened my eyes while my hand was searching for my phone. I looked at the clock on the nightstand and it showed me 09:30 A.M, who is messaging me?
I unlocked my phone and I see that is a message from Mark.

Mark : That visit card is useful. Thank you so much again
Me : Anytime

I locked back my phone and I put it on the nightstand. I stayed few more minutes in the bed trying to sleep but I couldn't.
So I jump out of the bed making my way to the bathroom where I take a 15 minutes shower and I do after my routine.
Next, I chose a black bra, a dark blue t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. I take my phone and I go downstairs to the kitchen, where no one is. Of course, business. Sometimes I feel that they raised me just to be someone home.
Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, but since I started high school, they started to be more occupied with business, than asking their only child how is school. I miss my parents. But unfortunately I can't do anything to bring them back. I tried a couple of times before, and I failed. So since then I found an escape place. Cars. Fixing them, making them looking brand new, driving them.

I unlock my phone and I start to search jobs as a mechanic. I put it down for few minutes, while I grab a cup and some coffee. I put water on the stove to boil and I put 2 tablespoons of coffee and 2 of sugar and 5 minutes later I pour the hot water and mix them. I take my phone back and I take a sip of coffee while I was scrolling through the offers for jobs until I find something that I like. I see that it has a number attached, so I dial the number.

"Hello. This is John speaking. May I help you?"
"Hello, my name's Alexis and I saw that you are looking for a mechanic. Is still available?"
"Yes, of course. Can you come today?"
"Sure. Do I have to bring something with me?"
"No, no. I'll text the address"
"Sure. I will be there as soon as possible"
"I'm looking forward meeting you. Have a good day", and the call ends.

I jump out of joy. Yes finally!

"Why you're so happy?", I'm greeted by a sleepy May.
"I found a job as a mechanic", I say and she hugs me.
"Oh my God, I'm so happy for you"
Then my phone beeps.
"It must be the address that I have to go to"
"Wait for me to get ready. I told you that I want to come with you"
"Okay. But be quick", I said taking another sip of my coffee.

Fifteen minutes later, I finished my coffee cup and May was ready.
We decided to walk, since the cars were at our parents.
"That means that you'll stay 24/7 at that garage?"
"Hm?", I ask confused and after I got the question. "Oh,no. I will come home after we close. Maybe if it's an emergency I'll stay over"
"Don't forget that we still have to go at the club tonight", May reminds me. Oh,shit!
"Yeah, sure!", I say to look like I didn't forget.
"We'll buy new sexy dresses", she says and my eyes widen.
"Hell no! I am not going to wear those pieces of clothes that make me look vulnerable in front of fuck boys", I say and May starts to laugh.
"Oh my God! Alex, you're so funny! Fine, I'll buy a new dress, you can buy whatever you want", she says still amused.

Soon we arrived at the address that was on my phone.
"Hello? Is anybody here?", I ask.
"I'm coming", says a voice of a man. 5 seconds later he comes. "You must be Alexis"
"Yes, this is me", I say.
"I'm glad that I found a new mechanic. I'm just surprised that you're a girl. But I believe that you're good"
"Thank you. It means a lot for me. When can I start?", I ask.
"Whenever you want. You're hired. I'll let you to feel like home here. For now we don't have cars to repair, but they will come. Now excuse me, I have to go somewhere. Here are the keys. Can you close , please?", John says.
"Yes, of course. No problem"
"Thank you Alexis. See you tomorrow morning at 8"
"See you tomorrow", I say and John leaves us.

I start to scan the garage . It has everything that we need. It's like I'm in nine cloud.

Few minutes later, I hear an engine. Then it stops. I hear footsteps coming this way.
"John, you're here?", a boy asks. I turn around and I see a blonde guy with green eyes and his friends. One of them has tattoos on his right arm.
"No, he isn't here. He left 15 minutes ago", I say.
"And you are?", the boy asks with a raised eyebrow while he checks me out.
"Alexis. The new mechanic", I say and he looks amused.
"You? A mechanic? That's a good joke"
"Just like you", I say and his amusement disappears.
"Girls like you have no idea about cars", he says.
"And boys like you should know to keep their mouth shut. Now if you excuse us, we're closed", I say and make them a sign to leave.
They leave as soon as pointed them the way out,  and I close the door.

At the mall

I was helping May to choose a dress and I was trying to pay attention, but the reality wasn't like this.
"Alex! You don't listen to me!", May raises a little bit the voice.
"What?", I ask confused.
"Which dress fits me better?"
"The black tight one", I say.
"Thank you", she says and she kisses my cheek.
I have no problem with her doing this. She was the one who accepted me the way I am with all my flaws and with this thing with cars.
After she paid for her dress, we went to Starbucks.
"Next, we will be going to choose you an outfit", May says.
"I already know what I'm going to buy. A black pair of jeans and few t-shirts"
"Black jeans? You have like a dozen of them"
"I will wear black until someone else invents a darker color", I say as a matter of fact.
"Okay okay. Black jeans, but let's look after something more bad ass though"
"As you wish", I say.

At home

"I'm exhausted", says May while I take my sneakers off.
"You tell me? You dragged me all the way through the shops just for a black tight dress", I say amused.
"Hey, it was worth it. I'm going to take a shower and get ready for the club", I take my phone from the pocket to see what time it is.
"You know that we have 8 hours until we leave, don't you?"
"Yeah, so? You know me when it comes to me to get ready for the club", she says.
Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell. May can take a day to get done. Note my sarcasm.
"And Alexis, I spoke with my parents and asked them to send us one of the cars. It should be here in a hour. You drive tonight", she says winking at me and she goes upstairs.

Oh boy it's going to be a long night. I'm going to the kitchen to make myself a coffee. I won't be drinking, one because I drive, and two I don't like the alcohol. And staying awake it's the best for May. Let's just say that her 'sexy flirting' can lead to something else.

At the club

Here I am. Something is telling that the night won't end well. I look at the name of the club. The Devil's place.
May jumps out of the car and makes me a sign to me to get out. I sigh and I try to find a little bit of courage. I don't like clubs.
I get out of the car, making my way with May to the gate.
After some sweet words by May, the bodyguard let me in.
When I get inside, my eyes landed on the green eyes who was before at the garage. He was staying with his friends at the table, having fun.
He caught me looking at him and I bet that if the looks can kill, well I was already dead by now.
I made my way to the bar. No, I won't be ordering any drinks.
The bartender named Max , he has a name tag, he looked like a sweet guy.
"Hello, what can I serve you?", he asks sweetly.
"Just water, please", he looks confused. "I'm driving", I continued. He gave me a bottle of water and I thanked him.
I turn around and I search for May. She was talking with a boy with tattoos. Wait what?! Tattoos! Fuck, is one of the boys that came with green eyes. I swear that May does anything with that guy, I'm going to kill him. As a joke! Don't take it seriously! I'll never kill someone.
I turn to the bar and enjoy my water.
"Well well well. Who's here? The new mechanic", I turn around and I see that is green eyes.
"What the fuck you want green eyes?", I ask annoyed.
"Green eyes? I have a name though"
"Oh do you? I'm sorry then, I wasn't the rude one who came today at the service and didn't introduced myself", I say.
"You should be more respectful", he says.
"Yeah, yeah. Like your face asks for respect", I say harshly.
"We'll be meeting soon", he says and he leaves me alone for a moment, and I thank God for this.

Hours later, I'm greeted by a drunk May.

"Alex, you should take a drink too", I see a drunk May beside me.
"No, I should take you home. Now. Let's go!", I say and I go out to the car. I put May on the passenger seat and I jump in the car.
Soon we were home.
I put the car in the garage and I take May upstairs to her room.
After that, I went in my room where I changed and I jumped in the bed.
Tomorrow I have to go to work.