[31]

---

---

I sighed from where I was sitting on my bed, scrolling through Instagram for like the tenth time that day. I was interrupted as I got a text from Leah. 

Open your front door bitch

I frowned, making my way down the stairs. Leah and Paul stood outside.

"What-"

"Let us in," Leah demanded. I moved out of the way, shocked by her tone. The pair went straight to my room, me following close behind. I shut the door behind us. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"We wanted to see you and ask why the fuck you weren't talking to us?" Leah exclaimed. 

"I thought you guys were gonna hate me," I admitted. 

"Why would we hate you?" Paul questioned. 

"Because I'm a fucking vampire!" I paused for a second. "I was freaked out and needed to process that I became the thing I never wanted to be and then I had to deal with the fact that now I'm what you guys hate and I thought avoiding you would be easier than facing that," I rambled. Venom pooled in my eyes. 

"We would never hate you," Leah reassured. "I mean, you reek but you were there for me when no one else was and you didn't choose this."

"I never thought I'd see the day when Leah was even slightly vulnerable and not a raging bitch," Paul quipped, lying down on my bed. 

"That's my best friend you're being a dick about," I responded, hitting his legs with a pillow. "I'm sorry for avoiding you," I added, sending them each a sad smile. 

"It's forgiven," Leah told. "But why did Victoria go for you? They never explained anything."

"She wanted an eye for an eye, sort of. Her mate died and so did I but just killing me wasn't enough. I never wanted this so she gave it to me. I have to admit she's good at this whole revenge thing. I mean it sucks but props to her I guess," I explained. I sighed. "There's something else I need to tell you." 

"More than you're a vampire?" Paul joked.

"My parents visited me and basically it went badly and I'm not talking to them again for now but I have a sister and I'm talking to her," I rambled out, waiting for their reactions. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Leah questioned. 

"I didn't want to bombard you, you'd just lost your dad and turned into a wolf. I wanted to let you digest it all before I threw this onto you too," I admitted. 

"Still, I didn't want you to have to go about it alone," Leah spoke, grasping my hand in hers.

"You could have told me," Paul told. 

"I was scared. They decided I wasn't good enough, what if you did too?" 

"Skylar, why would we ever do that?" Paul asked. "We love you."