Cute Boys and Curious Toads

Connie's POV

Looking at my surroundings I that everything around me had changed. The platform was filled with people and to my left was a train that had the words Hogwarts Express on the front of it.
"Surely being exchange students, someone would have told you to go through the wall to get to the train." Says George, well at least I think it was George.
"Nah, we were told to wait for the train and that all our belongings would be taken to Hogwarts before we got there. Although it would have been nice to know we had to walk through a bloody wall." Keira complained in annoyance as she finished her snack and the twins nodded in agreement.

"George! Fred! We've been looking for you two, hurry up the trains leaving soon!" A woman's voice says from behind us.
"Sorry mum, we were helping these two."
"They're exchange students from Australia." The twins answered, pointing towards Keira and I.
"Oh well, welcome to England girls." An older man with red hair said shaking our hands.
"Suppose we should introduce the family." One of the twins said.
"This is our mum and dad," Fred stated, gesturing to the older woman and older man from before.
"That Percy." One said, pointing to a particularly snobby looking boy.
"And this is Ginny, she's our sister."
"Oh and there's also Ron. Wait where is he?"
"He's over there talking to Harry."
"OI RON GET OVER HERE!" The twins yelled together.
"WHAT?" A shorter boy with the same ginger hair asked with an annoyed tone.

This boy was rather cute in my opinion. He had sea-blue eyes and his red hair was styled in a messy way. He looked to be around my age-
"OW!" I whined when something hit my left side. I realised that Keira had elbowed me in the ribs.
"What was that for?!" I whisper yelled at her.
"If you keep staring at him, he's going to get creeped out," Keira replied with a raised eyebrow, informing me that I had been starting at Ron for a good minute. Feeling the heat in my body rise to my cheeks, I turned my attention to the ground, thankful that Ron was to busy listening to his brothers to notice me staring.

Keira's POV

I let out a quiet laugh seeing Connie's face turn as red as the Weasley's hair after I had told her that she had been staring at Ron.
"Well girls, you best get on the train, it leaves in about five minutes," said Mrs Weasley with a warm smile.

We thanked her for the information and made our way to the train. The twins had already put there belongs on the train by now.
"What year are you two in?" Ginny Weasley asked.
"Third year." Connie and I replied together as we stepped on to the train and began to look for somewhere to sit.
"Ah, you'll be in Ron's Year then, good luck with that by the way." The Weasley sister chuckled as she entered a train cabin.

We continued to search for somewhere to sit when we came across a cabin that had one seat left. Looking inside I saw Ron, another boy with round glasses and a girl with slightly frizzy brown hair.
"Oh, hello." The girls said. "I don't we've met before-"
"No, you haven't Hermione, these are the two exchange students I was telling you about." Ron interrupted. "Keira, Connie, these are my friends Harry Potter and Hermione Granger." The red-head continued and as the train began to move we all greeted each other with handshakes and hellos, and of course talked about how Harry was well, who he was.

"Your welcome to join us, but there's only one seat left I'm afraid." Hermione gestures to the one empty seat left, which happened to be the seat next to Ron.
"Connie will take it!" I blurted out, receiving an 'are-you-serious-right-you' look from my dear friend and returning a 'you-know-you-wanna-sit-next-to-him' look.
"I'm sure there's somewhere else I could sit," I say, nudging Connie into the small room and closing the door before she could protest. She's probably mentally thanking me for it right now.

Connie's POV

"I'm gonna kill her when we get tho Hogwarts." I thought as I sat next to Ron and answered Hermione's questions.

Keira's POV

Making my way further down the train, I stop when I hear what sounds like a frog. Looking down towards where the sound was coming from I see that there was a toad sitting right between my feet.
"Where'd you come from" I muttered to as I lean down to pick up the green creature. "You must belong to someone," I say to the plump toad.

Just then a tall boy with thick dark brown hair and - not to be rude - large front teeth, was walking in my direction, He looked rather frustrated - and rather cute - as he seemed to be searching for something in each compartment. His brown eyes going wide when he looked towards me.

"There you are, Trevor!" He said with relief as he walked towards me and gently took the toad out of my hands.
"I'm terribly sorry if he bothered you, Trevor's just a very curious toad is all." The boy explained looking down and patting the slimy amphibian." O-Oh, I'm N-Neville by t-the way, Neville L-Longbottom." He stuttered out finally looking at me.
"Well Neville, it's nice to meet you, and your pet. I'm Keira, Keira Carlyle." I say shaking his hand. "Do you know if there are any seats left down this way?" I question.
"Um- W-Well, I'm the only one I in the cabin I'm sitting in. You can join me i-if you want." Neville offered, rubbing the back of his neck and focussing his attention on the ground.
"Yes, that would be nice, thank you," I say as Neville guided me to the cabin he was sitting in.
"Um, a-are new or something, cause I haven't seen you before." The brown-haired boy asked.
"Oh, Imma new exchange student from 'straya," I explain to him and he began to tell me how he loves the nature and plants that Australia has.

As time went on, I left to go change in one of the toilet stalls at the back of the train into the robs I had been given. My dad had enchanted the front pocket of my jeans so that the robs would fit in it.
I made sure to remind Connie that we needed to change when I passed the cabin she was in. She told me about how Ron had been 'flirting' with her the whole time and that he had already given her the nickname "Bunny" due to her love of the fluffy animal. Of course, I also made sure to tell her about Neville and what happened with Trevor.

"Oh, it's like the princess and the frog" Connie said
"Except you didn't have to kiss the frog to get the cute guy" she added.

After telling Connie I would meet her at her cabin when we arrived at Hogwarts station, I made my way back to the cabin Neville was in and he informed me that the train would be arriving quite soon.

////////
WORD COUNT- 1233