Flowers and Bruises

That night, the third-year Slytherin boy's dorm was illuminated by beams of moonlight shining into the lake and through the window. The silence was broken by Blaise's snores and the occasional creak would be heard as Draco Malfoy tossed and turned in bed.
  He hadn't been able to sleep, no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get something of his mind. Well more like someone.
  Draco had not only been worried ever since Keira informed him of what happened to Connie, but he couldn't help but remind himself that he wasn't supposed to care.

  "Wanna get a Butterbeer?"
  "Not with you, no."

Every time Draco replayed that moment in his head, it troubled him even more. It had been a short while since that day at Hogsmeade and yet Draco wasn't any less torn then he had been that very day. Connie still made him feel the same way, but the opinions of his father were still weighing on his heart. He could never-..no-..he was not supposed to be with someone his father would call a "blood-traitor."

  Then Malfoy's mind would drift back to Connie, and how the whole thing was his fault. Draco knew he could have explained everything to the poor girl, but ever since she held his hand he can't think straight whenever he tries to talk to her.

  Draco rolled over onto his stomach, trying not to hurt his "badly" injured arm, he turned his attention to the tall grandfather clock near his bed that read 4:40. In a split-second decision, Malfoy decided to do something that could give a good or bad result. As quietly as he could he got dressed into his uniform, grabbed his book bag and left the dorm. It was almost five, meaning it wasn't very likely he would be in trouble for being out of bed, but either way, he didn't care. He had to see her, see if she was okay.

As he climbed the stairs out of the dungeons the fairy tale Keira had told him, Crabbe and Goyle, filled his head. He made an effort of comparing it to his life, most of it didn't make a scene but some of it did.
For instance, Connie is Aurora, and instead of pricking her finger on a spinning wheel, she got stabbed in the leg by a piece of a broomstick.

Draco started to think about how he could be prince charming, but he stopped himself, he knew he couldn't have the happily ever after, he would never be prince charming. Malfoy cleared his mind as he came to the doors of the hospital wing and entered.

He saw Connie laying in her bed at the far end of the large room. Draco sat on the chair next to the bed and his mind went blank. She looked so peaceful and calm, Draco sighed, a small smile forming as he gazed at her in adoration of her natural beauty. He hated that he couldn't just, be nervous and all shy around her, he hated that fact he couldn't ask her on a date, he hated the stupid tough act he kept up. Normally Draco would be angered from these thoughts by now but he couldn't be, not when he looks at her.

Malfoy sat there for a while and soon saw the sun start to peek over the horizon as he was finishing an origami flower. He placed it on the bedside table. Just as Draco was about to leave, he took one last look at the girl and noticed a small purple bruise on her cheek and he acted on pure emotion. No act, no worry of others, no lies, just what he really wanted.  Draco leaned down and placed a brief soft kiss on Connie's bruised cheekbone before exciting the Hospital Wing.

Connie remand in her deep sleep throughout the following few days. She received several visitors including Cedric, who brought some yellow flowers on behalf of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, telling Keira how he felt that their win wasn't fair.
  Connie's parents visited on Wednesday and were told by Madam Pomfrey their daughter would be "just fine."
  Even Crabbe and Goyle came to see her, they weren't friends directly but the two boys had grown rather fond of Keira and as she was the only person who didn't treat them like complete idiots, they wanted to support her while she visited her best friend.
  And as each night passed, just as he had done the first night Constance spent in the infirmary, Draco Malfoy would wake hours before the sun every morning and visit Connie, leaving a kiss on her bruised cheek and a paper flower on her bedside table, before departing from the hospital wing. But each time Draco left, frustration would simmer in the pit of his stomach. He would never be able to tell Constance of his caring visits, but Malfoy decide to deal with his frustrations he would put the rage towards his "tough guy" act.

  During Connie's few days of slumber,  there was a change in the way Keira acted. Her entire behaviour had altered in the absence of her friend. Her personality hadn't changed, no, that wasn't the case. She was still the same 'I'm-not-about-to-deal-with-anyone's-bullshit', type of girl. The only problem was, the person who usually stopped Keira from doing dumb things wasn't around and she had no one to vent to. This meant that Keira had been building up anger constantly and making some rather unwise decisions.
...

---------------
WORD COUNT- 934