Exploding Cauldrons

Keira's POV

I was talking with Harry as I made my way to my first class (Caring for Magical Creatures).

"I'm so excited to have Hagrid as a teacher." Harry beamed. "You love him he's-"
"AHHH!!" I screamed at someone pinching my sides. Turning around I saw the twins and Connie doubled over laughing.
"See. What did I tell you? She practically jumped out of her skin." Connie giggle.
"Really?;" I breathed out with my hand on my chest.
"Sorry Keira, but Connie said that you're easy to scare."
"So we drew straws and Fred got the pleasure of scaring you," George explained.
"You know, one day if you wake up with shaved heads, think back to this moment and you'll know you deserved it," I said, slightly joking.
"I think I'm starting to see why they put you in Slytherin, Keira." Harry chuckled.
"Oh, why thank you, Harry," I said with a bow.

*Time Skip*

We had just arrived at a clearing in the tree where we would be learning Care for Magical Creatures and Hagrid had asked us to open our books. But the book itself, which had writing across the front that read "The Monster Book of Monsters", was actually alive.
"And just how exactly do you expect us to do that?" Draco hissed.
"Well, you stroke the spine of course." Hagrid explained, and a soft "oooh" could be heard from the students as they opened their books and found a place to stand.

Neville, however, didn't seem to have the same luck, as he had fallen over on his back trying to stop his own book from biting his face off.
"I'm okay. I'm okay" he breathed as he sat up, only to fall back down again as the book continued to try and bit his face.

I looked around to see students laughing at the poor boy, making eye contact with Connie before helping Neville. Connie took the book and stocked the spine to calm it down, while I helped Neville to his feet and dusted the leaves off his shoulders.
"T-thank you." He muttered to Connie and I as he took his book back.
"Oh come on, you ruined the show. " someone said from behind us, it was Draco.
"Oh, shut it Malfoy." I snapped.
"Oh look Longbottom's got himself a girlfriend." He replied.

Before I could reply with one of my amazing one-liners, Hagrid began the class. Hagrid introduced us to Buckbeak the Hippogriff and asked who wanted to go say hello. Many students stepped back and Neville even hid behind a rock.

"Ah you there, ahh, Constance, yes you, come and say hello to Buckbeak" Hagrid insisted.

Connie hand me her books and stepped forward.

Connie's POV

'Okay, it's just a bird, it's just like that time you and Keira gave noodles too some pidgins, you'll be fine.' I say to myself as I stepped towards the large bird.
"Now you just bow and he should bow back," Hagrid explained.
"What if he doesn't?" I questioned.
"Ah well, we'll get to that later," Hagrid  said nerves chuckle

The next few minutes were a blur of nerves and amazement but next thing I knew Hagrid had lifted me up on top of Buckbeak.
"IF YOU DIE, I GET ALL YOUR MARVEL STUFF!" Keira yelled.
"OH, THAT'S REALLY COMFORTING, THANKS!!" I shouted back before the large magical creature took off.

The view was simply magnificent as Buckbeak flew over the Black lake. The wind blowing in my hair as the sun shone down creating beautiful sparkles in the water. The tip of Buckbeak's wing grazed the water as he turned back to the clearing in the trees.

(Jump in your Delorean ladies and gents cause) *time skip*

Still Connie's POV

Walking with Keira and Neville on our way to Potions class after first periods class was cut short when Malfoy managed to get himself hurt after he insulted Buckbeak, I see Ron looking rather upset as he walks next to Harry. I excused myself from the conversation and made my way over to Ron.

"Hey, Harry. Hey, Ron." I say as I approach. Harry replied with a polite "hello" but Ron walked away as soon as he saw me.
"He's a bit moody today, try and talk to him," Harry explained.

Doing just as Harry said I walked fast enough to catch up to Ron and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hey, Ron. You okay?" I asked
"I'm fine. Why you go talk to Malfoy." He said grumpily.
"Why would I do that. I mean I've never spoken to him before and yes, he is kinda cute I suppose, but on a whole, he's a total prick." I stated.
"Oh right. Sorry Bunny" he apologised making me giggle.

Time went on and we reached Potions. Professor Snape had assigned partners. I had been placed with Ron, Neville was with Dean, Hermione was with and girl from Slytherin, and well we all knew we were screwed when Snape had said he was putting Seamus with Keira.

"Today you will be making...the girding potion," Snape stated and continued explaining the effects of the potion.
"If you cannot complete your potion by the end of class...you and your partner will come back..after classes at the end of the week and stay until..it is...complete." The Potion Master announced.

Skip to Friday (soz)

Keira's POV

Hogwarts has been great the past few days and ya know I thought Potions would be fun, but guess what, it's not fun, especially when you suck at it. Earlier today, third period to be exact, Professor Snape told me and my potions partner, Seamus, that we would have to come back after dinner to complete our girding potion since we weren't able to finish it in class.

But guess what as soon as Seamus added the third ingredient. BOOM!!!!
The potions exploded in our faces and after Snape yelled at us and then dismissed us we exited the class. I was just about to walk in the direction of Slytherin common room but Seamus spoke.
"Maybe you should come up to Gryffindor tower, I'm sure Connie would love to see you like that." He chuckled, referring to my messy-haired, ash-covered state.
"I'm sure she would," I reply. "But I'm not allowed in there, Ya know Slytherin and all." I reminded.
"Well, it's not like your sneaking in. You'll have an official Gryffindor escort." Seamus said proudly.
"Alright then." I agreed as we began our walk to Gryffindor tower.

Many minutes past before we reached the entry to the common room of the Gryffindor students.
"Oh dear, don't you two look a mess." The Fat Lady on the portrait stated.
"Fortuna Major" Seamus muttered, and the portrait swung open.

As we stepped into the common room, any and all conversation came to a halt. Every pair of eyes were now on mine and Seamus's soot-covered figures.
"I knew it!" Neville exclaimed. "A-All right Dean, pay u-up." He muttered before Dean rolled his eyes and handed him 2 galleons. I was about to ask what exactly Neville had meant.
"Godric child!" Connie laughed. "Can I not leave you alone for more than five minutes without you almost killing yourself."
"Apparently not," Ginny added with a giggle.
"It's not my fault." I protested. "All I did was stir the cauldron after Seamus added the toasted dragonfly thoraxes and then the potion just.."
"Boom." Seamus and I said together.
"How'd yea get in?" Ron asked
"Seamus let me in. Thought Connie would get a good laugh." I answered
"Well he was right" She assured still laughing.
"Perhaps you should both get cleaned up," Hermione suggested. I stood up and looked at the clock, 10 pm it read.
"I won't be able to get back to Slytherin dormitories without getting in trouble," I say.
"You can just sleepover, there's a spare bed in our room you can crash on." Ginny suggested.
"That sounds great." I nodded.

#######
Word count: 1341