The Sorting Hat

Third Person

The train came to a halt as it reached. the station. Both girls told their new friends they would see them once they had settled into Hogwarts.
"New students wit' meh! Firs' years an' new students, off da train an' wit' me please!" A deep voice yelled as Connie and Keira exited the train cart.

Following the sound of the voice, the brunette and the purple-haired girl were faced with a rather tall man, with a big, bushie, brown beard and head of hair, holding a lamp.
"Yeh two mus' be da exchange students, welcome." The tall man said, turning towards the first years.
"Right everyone. 'm Hagrid, gamekeeper here at Hogwarts and I would like to welcome you all," Hagrid explained.

*Time Skip*

After the boat ride across the lake, Hagrid explained that Professor McGonagall had asked for the girls to wait for the first years to finish their ceremony, then she would come and get them so they could be introduced to the rest of the school.

The two sat on the stairs outside the doors of the Great Hall awaiting the arrival of the professor. Complete silence was all that filled the towering staircases as both witches were in awe of the sheer detail in the walls of the wizarding school. It was much fancier than the school they had attended back home.

After a few moments of silence, the two giant doors of the Great Hall opened. Keira and Connie shot to their feet, straightening their robes, making sure they both looked presentable.
"This way girls, it's time to introduce you and sort you into your houses." The professor stated, before walking them guiding them to the entrance of the Great Hall.

As they stood there waiting for Dumbledore to start his speech, each of the teens had a very different attitude towards having to stand in front of all of the students at Hogwarts and get sorted into a house.

"Okay, that's a lot of people. Shit! Alright, just don't trip over, don't look like an idiot. You'll be fine." Connie reassured herself in her thoughts. However, Keira on the other hand...
"Wow those tables are huge, imagine the amount of food you could fi- Oh look, the Weasleys and Harry, Hermione and Neville are over the- Wow the roof looks soooooo cool- oh wow look at-" it's safe to say that she wasn't as nervous as Connie.

Both new students were snapped out of their thoughts when the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore himself, began to speak.

"Well, congratulations to all the first years of their houses. Now we will begin the 'start of year' feast shortly, but first, there students rather exciting matter that must be taken care of." Dumbledore explained, quite whispers breaking out across the Great Hall of what the matter could be, as none of the students had noticed Connie and Keira standing with Professor McGonagall in the tall doorway of the large dining hall.

"I am rather pleased to inform all of you that Hogwarts is fortunate enough to be taking part in a magical student exchange programme." The headmaster announced. "This year, Centerstone School of the Magical Arts, a fellow witchcraft and wizardry school in Australia, has sent two third-year students to join all of you in the enchanted halls of our magnificent school and to experience the events of the everyday life of the average Hogwarts student." Dumbledore continued.

A loud chatter erupted throughout the Great Hall, as many students became filled with curiosity about the news they had just been given, still not noticing the two girls that stood in the doorway.

"Silence!" Dumbledore ordered with a raised voice and the Great Hall immediately fell empty from all noise.
"Now as per usual, all new students must be sorted into the houses." Dumbledore turned his attention to the entrance of the Great Hall were Professor McGonagall had been standing with Keira and Connie.
"Professor McGonagall, could you please escort our new students up here to the front of the hall." The old wizard requested.