Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff

As morning settled on Hogwarts, the Great Hall began to buzz with excitement and anticipation for today's Quidditch match.
Connie sat at the Gryffindor table next to Oliver wood, going over strategies. The entire team had told her that she had nothing to worry about, that she would do great, it was a shame Connie couldn't believe in herself as much as her teammates did.

"So, how's the second-best Quidditch team doing this morning" Keira chimed as she sat down next to Hermione.

"Second-best?" Fred and George questioned.

"Well, of course, my opinion is extremely biased." Keira defended.

"Where've you been all mornin' then?" Connie questioned.

"Well, I was wishing Cedric good luck."

"Cedric? You mean the Hufflepuff seeker?" Asked Oliver.

"Well, yes an-." Keira paused to look over at the Slytherin table to see Goyle waving her over. "Oh shit. Sorry, gotta go."

"Go where?" Connie asked. "You're supposed to be here for emotional support, women."

"I'm still supporting you. But Goyle also needs my support."

"Goyle!?" Ron inquired.

"Yeah, he needs my help with Transfiguration Homework," Keira replied simply.

"Cause he does." Ron laughed mockingly.

"Well your not exactly the brightest student either, Ron," Keira stated before walking away.

---

The loud roar from the crowd of students and staff blended with the thunder and pouring rain, even Lee Jordan, the totally not biased Quidditch commentator, could barely be heard.

As the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff teams mounted their brooms, Madam Hooch warned them that it was to be a fair game. The faint ringing of the referee whistle was quickly followed by a loud crack of lightning in the distance and Lee's voice announcing the game had begun.

The crowd was divided, some cheering for the scarlet covered Gryffindors and some cheering for the honey yellow cloaked Hufflepuffs.

"Gryffindor takes procession of the quaffle, thanks to the Fabulous Angelina Johnson!" Lee Jordan yelled, "she passes it to Constance Kennedy...OH, wonderful bludger block by Kennedy...GRYFFINDOR SCORES!"

"THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!!" Keira yelled.

Connie was doing great for her first game and Angelina gave her a high-five to celebrate her score. Connie flew around a bit trying to keep track of the quaffle. However, after taking a quick glance up at the sky her stomach felt empty. Dementors were floating above the Quidditch pitch, this added to the nerves Connie had already been feeling about playing.

"OH, Nice save their by George Weasley!" Lee shouted.

Connie's head snapped up to see George in front of her and a bludger flies in the opposite direction from them.

"Not the best place or time to daydream, ay Kennedy!" George laughed.

" oh- shit-, sorry!" Connie called.

The match continued and Harry and Cedric had gone after the snitch, disappearing into the storm clouds.
Connie was flying low to the ground flying after a Hufflepuff chaser who had the Quaffle when a series of thing happened very quickly and all at once.

She heard a few girlsaacream, Dumbledore yelling a spell of some sort, a lightning strike and something wooden hit the ground near her. Then Connie felt a sharp pain in her leg, fell off her broom and everything went black.