The Squid Wake Up Call

Connie's POV

I woke up from my deep sleep at around 7:30 when a light ray of sunlight shone through the window and brighten the red shaded dorm. I sit up, pushing the scarlet covers off my body, saying good morning to Hermione who was reading, as I walked over to my dresser to get my uniform and got changed.

Existing my room with Hermione, we made our way to the Great Hall. I made sure to ask her many questions about my classes and where things were on our way to breakfast. As I sat beside Harry with Ginny sitting next to me and we began to talk, I couldn't help but wonder if Keira would arrive for breakfast soon and if her morning was going okay.

Keira's POV

'This morning sucks.' I thought to myself as I exited the infirmary. Yes, the infirmary. You see Slytherin housing is in the dungeons under the lake, now some rooms are above the lake but mine isn't. This means at 6 am, I had the great pleasure of being woken up by a GIANT SQUID HIT THE GLASS OF THE WINDOW WITH ITS TENTACLE!

Now you may ask, how does that send you to the hospital wing? Well, I'll tell you, the scare that I got from the site of the giant squid made me fall off my bed and hit my nose on the hard floor. So I quickly got changed out of my shorts and a tight tank top that I had worn to bed, trying my best not to get blood on my uniform. When I came down the steps and reached the common room I realised, I have no idea where the infirmary was.

"Dear Merlin!" Someone gasped. I turned to see that Draco was already wide awake. "What hap- Let me guess, it was the squid?" He questioned. I nodded in response. "Come on I'll take you to the hospital wing." Draco ensured while handing me a box of tissues from one of the coffee tables.

So that is how I ended up here. Walking next to Draco on my way to the Great hall with a bloody, but no longer broken, nose. Draco had apologized for his rudeness the night before and began to ask me questions and start a conversion on our way to breakfast.

Once we reached the doors of the great hall, Malfoy left to sit with the other Slytherins while I headed over to sit with Connie and her fellow Gryffindors. I walked up to the table still soaking up the blood by holding a bunch of tissues over my nose and I was about to sit next to Geo- Fre- one of the twins and another boy I have yet to meet, but before I could.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I heard Connie say with a slightly raised voice that grabbed the attention of the students around us. "Keira Carlyle, you haven't even been here a whole day yet and you've already gotten into a fight?!" Connie questioned with anger as if she were a mother yelling at her child for stealing a cookie from the jar. The eyes of all who were in the circle of people around us were focused on me.
"NO! I didn't get into a fight." I stated, I continued to explain what had happened to me.

The entire situation earned different reactions from each person, Connie, the twins and two boys who I learned to be Dean and Seamus, had all begun to laugh hysterically at the fact that I fell out of my bed. Ginny, Harry and Ron made sure it was nothing serious before they decide to join the others in laughing. Hermione had hit both Harry and Ron on the shoulder with her book, telling them,
"It's not funny, she could have cracked her skull." With a very cross tone in her voice. And a lightly chuckling Neville simply asked how bad the bleeding was and proceeded to hand me some napkins to replace the blood-soaked tissues I held.

After about five more minutes my nose had stopped bleeding and I started to eat my breakfast. I had eaten a lot but to be fair I usually do and I needed to fix my sugar levels from the loss of blood.

Connie's POV

"Oh for Merlin's sake Keira," I say looking across the table at my purple-haired friend who was now on her third plate of bacon, eggs and pancakes. "I've never understood how you can possibly eat that much food at once," I spoke with raised eyebrows.
"Um...like this," Keira stated as she stuffed another small pile of food that was on her fork, in her mouth, I rolled my eyes at the girl as I turned and saw that Ron had been staring at me.

Ron's POV

'OH SHIT! I think she saw me.' I mentally facepalm as I quickly turn my attention back towards my breakfast. Hopefully, she doesn't think I'm a creep or something. I mean it kinda hard not to stare, with her bright smile and her angelic features, she's just- Merlin how did I go from flirting, to barely being able to talk to her. Maybe talking to Keira will lead to a conversation with Connie.

"So Carlyle, aside from giant squid waking you up, how is it as a Slytherin so far?" I questioned, getting the girl to look up from her food and begin to tell our circle of friends what the common room was like and etc. But then...

"Speaking of my fellow Slytherins." Keira began. "One of them happens to think your quote 'rather pretty' Connie."

I felt anger rise in my body when I heard those words, it was even worse when Keira had mentioned that Malfoy was the Slytherin who fancied Connie. Not knowing what to do with my anger I quickly excused myself from the table and left the Great Hall.

########
Word Count: 1000