Chapter Two

Phil's POV

"Here we are!" I chirped happily as we walked around the corner into the grassy park.

A large bonfire was ablaze in the centre of the field and people had began to gather around it. On the far side of the field a group of men were busy setting up for the firework display.

I dragged my bright shining eyes upto Dan to be greeted by a huge smile from him. "Phil! This is awesome!" He chuckled down at me before he looked round.

"Im happy you think so! Come on, lets go sit down somewhere where we can see the fire!" I put my hand on his back and start to lead him up the gentle sloped hill until we got a fair distance away from the crowd to where a picnic bench was placed.

Dan's POV

We sat down on the bench, Phil sat right ont top of me but I couldnt say I didn't want him to be there.

I stared into the bright orange flames which danced and flicked upon the pieces of piled up wood. Slowly I brought my eyes to the star-filled sky before finally landing my gaze upon Phil.

"Phil...I...I need to ask you som-" I whisper but before I can say anything else he had jumped up with a grin like an excited child.

"The fireworks are going to be set off soon Dan!" He practically sung before turning to face me. Just as he turned round I smiled up at him and stand up with him. "Lets go get a better view!" He said and started to walk.

I chuckled and followed him, he really could be a big kid sometimes.