Chapter Sixteen

Dan's POV

I awkwardly push my food around my plate using my fork. It had been a few hours since Ryan had gone home, he thought it would make a better mood if he left. It didn't.

"...this is nice food, Dan..." Phil mumbled trying to make conversation. We had ignored each other all day but I had started to get hungry so I made us both some dinner. I shrug and put my cutlery down on my plate with a small sigh. "Im not really hungry actually." My voice is almost perfectly silent as I shoved the meal away from myself.

"Are you sure Dan? You've barely eaten anything!" Phil lent foreward and held onto my lower arm. I yanked it away from his touch and stood up. "Why would you care!" My voice is a harsh and bitter snarl as I step away from him.

His face sunk and I could see the sadness in his deep blue eyes. "W...why wouldn't...I...I...c-care?" he whispered before letting a few tears slip. "You have Ryan now! Not me! You chose him! So you CLEARLY don't care for me anymore! Only him!" I screamed in his face.

Phil opened his mouth to answer me but just ran off out the room. I heard him run up the stairs followed by the slam of his bedroom door. What have I done..?

Phil's POV

I ran into my room and slammed the door. My hand pulled open the bedcovers and I crawled onto my bed, tugging the duvet over me. Silently I sobbed into my pillow until I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Phil..." Dan's voice whispered from the opposite side of my bedroom door. "...Im sorry...please let me in..." His tone was soft and sympathetic. However, I remained silent just crying into my pillow.

Around 20 minutes passed before I decided to pull myself out of my bed. My eyes were red and swollen, my cheeks were tear stained and my head was pounding. I curled my hand around the door knob before pushing it open.

Taking a step through my doorway my foot hit something and I jumped back in shock. Dan was sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. Quickly he scrambled to his feet and looked into my eyes while I looked back into his.

His hand reached up and gently touched my cheek, I flinched a little at first but he stroked my cheek with his thumb and it calmed me down. "Now, my little lion...-" Dan whispered while slowly bringing our heads together to rest our foreheads upon each other's "-...why don't you get cleaned up. We get a change of clothes on. As I have a suprise for you."

I closed my eyes and smiled ever-so slightly. "...okay." Was all I said before heading into my bathroom.

Dan was hard to stay mad at. He always knew how to make me happy and feel loved...even if the love was no longer there...