Chapter Fourteen

Phil's POV

"I need you Phil. Ever since we broke up my heart has been aching. It hasn't been the same without you.  Please give me another chance and I promise I won't ruin it again. No one will be hurt again." Ryan said while placing his hand gently under my chin to make me look up at him. He was wrong. Someone would be hurt...Dan. Dan would be hurt alot. His heart would be shattered. "C-can you give me time to think..? It's all very sudden and.." I mumble, dropping our eyecontact as I could feel the awkwardness between us."Of course I can give you time, babe-" That word makes me cringe when he says it "-I can give you all the time you need! In the meantime, shall we finish watching this Pokémon episode you have on?" Ryan grinned at me then pressed play on the remote. A frown appeared on my face and I stared at him intentally, he never liked Pokémon before so why did he want to watch it now. However, I didn't bother to argue as I turned back to watch the screen with an excited grin on my face. I really could be a big kid sometimes!

"You know that yellow rat thing-" Ryan said trying to refer to Pikachu. By this point we were half way through watching and he was irritating me; he wouldn't stop talking and what he was talking about mainly wasn't about the programme anyway. "Look, Ryan, i'm going to make some dinner now then probablly crawl into bed. So, maybe we could meet up some other time." I say as I look up at him, I felt bad but I was scared something was going to happen between me and him. Sadly he nodded and stood up "Yeah..well...think about it...um...see ya..." He mumbled and began to leave the room. Suddenly I jumped up and grabbed his arm "Or you could always stay the night, I could use the company because Dan won't return until tomorrow.

~TIME SKIP~~ 1:00am~~ Dan's POV~

Almost silently, my hand turns the door handle and I step inside our apartment. I slip off my shoes and hang my coat up, then I place my keys in the bowl by the door and head up towards my bedroom. The floor creaked slightly under my feet as I walked down the corridor, I had come home early to suprise Phil as I felt bad for leaving him home alone. As I reach my bedroom door I freeze. Voices could be heard coming from Phil's room, key word VOICES...he wasn't alone. My heart sinks and I want to cry. I know exactly who it was so I just continue into my bedroom and pull my pyjamas on. Once I had got them on I crawl into my bed, cacooning myself in my duvet. Their conversations, their giggles, their jokes; I could hear them all through the silence which drowned my bedroom.

"Goodnight Phil..." I whisper into the quietness, tears begining to roll down my cheeks. I knew he wouldn't respond as he didn't even hear me... 'Goodnight Dan, I love you' The voice inside my head imagined him whispering back to me. With that I shut my eyes and fell asleep, tears still flooding my face as I fell into the land of dreams.