Chapter Six

Phil's POV

A few hours had passed since me and Dan had got home from the bonfire.

I had checked up on Youtube and Twitter, taken a shower and now I was wandering around in my pyjamas with damp hair.

Dan, like usual, had fetched himself a pack of malteasers from.the cupboard in the kitchen and was now laid on his bed scrolling through his laptop.

"Are you still on that laptop?" I asked Dan while I walked into his bedroom, holding a box of cereal in one of my hands with the other one shoving cereal into my mouth. I crawled onto the bed next to him and looked at his screen before looking at his face with the laptop light illuminating it.

"Yeah, why what's the time?" He mumbled while scrolling down his Facebook feed. I put the handfull of cereal back into the box before I shut his laptop. "You've been on it for almost 3 hours Dan! It's 1am and we still haven't had dinner. Would you like some making?"

Dan's POV

I look up at Phil before moving the laptop off my lap. "Sorry. I will go make us some." My voice is soft as I crawl off the bed.

Sleepily I walk down to the kitchen and flick the light on. A large yawn escapes me yet I hardly feel tired. "What are you wanting?" I ask Phil softly, knowing he had followed me in.

"Are you ok Dan? I didn't mean for you to be upset when I shut your laptop. It's just that it was getting late and-" Phil whispered. He stood beside me and placed his hand gently ontop of mine which rested on the worksurface.

Quickly and swiftly I pull him into a hug. Normally I don't like close contact but I felt bad. I felt like I had done something wrong.

"I spend too much time on that laptop. I don't even do anything productive. You are my housemate and my best friend. We should be spending time together. Not with me on the internet alone in my bedroom. Im sorry." I mumble with my eyes shut as I hold him close.

I felt his arms snake around my waist and hold me tight. "You don't need to apologise Dan. That's how you are..." his sentence faded out gently.

I gulped and whispered "You are my best friend. I love you Phil."

"I love you too Dan, more than anyone can ever love their best friend." He said back softly.

I chewed my lip softly before only being able to reply "...I love you..."