Chapter Five

Phil's POV

The fire had died down and the crowds had began to disperse from out of the park.

I turned to Dan, still nestled in his strong arms. "Are you ready to go home now?" He nodded gently and slowly took my hand into his. I blushed furiously, luckily he was unable to see due to the darkness which had blanketed the world.

My fingers intertwined with his as we began to make our way out the park.

"I really enjoyed tonight." Dan whispered, looking straight ahead as we followed the pavement which led us home.

"So did I, Dan. So did I" I grin stupidly in the darkness as my hand pulled the keys from my tight jeans pocket.

The door opened and Dan quickly flicked the light on. Teasingly I nudged him "Still scared of the dark, Daniel!" My tongue stuck out playfully as he shut and locked the front door once we had entered.

Dan shot me a look but he couldnt help the smile which crept onto his face. "Shut up you!" He laughed, playfully shoving me against the bare wall.

My eyes looked deep into his as we both stayed silent. He was so close to me as I stand against the wall, his hands were on my waist. I didnt know how to feel.

Dan's POV

I didn't know what was going on. We had gone from taking the mick out each other, to him being pressed against the wall with my hands on his hips.

My lips just wanted to collide with his. I wanted to taste and feel his lips against mine. But I couldn't...what if he didn't like me like that...

I lent foreward, his warm breath was now able to be felt on my cheek. Our noses were almost touching. Our lips were so close.

However, in a split-second I changed my mind. My hands moved up to Phil's sides and started to tickle him.

Phil howled with laughter and fell to the floor. He squirmed round as I tickled him all over.

"Aww is Phillip still ticklish!" I teased him as I eventually pulled my hands away. "I hate you!" He said playfully as I helped him up off the floor.

"I know you do" I answered with a soft smile as I looked into my best friend's eyes "I hate you too."