Part 9

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DETAILS ABOUT ABUSE. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN CATION!

Pisces ran out of the house and grabbed her car keys. She was shaking as she turned on the car and slammed on the breaks. She knew where Scorpio lived because Cancer once mentioned having to go to his house to drop off something he ordered. So luckily she was able to get there as fast as she could. When she reached the door she heard the horrors inside. She heard screaming and crying. She felt so weak. Maybe that was why she waited for a moment. But as soon as she stopped sobbing she grabbed a bobby pin from her hair and unlocked the front door.

20 minutes before Pisces went to Scorpios home.

Scorpio was upset he hadn't fully confessed his feeling to Pisces, so he was planning to call her so they could meet at the park. That's when he was interrupted by a loud bang. He knew what was going to happen. And he was scared. His father came into his room with a beer bottle in hand and started to yell. Before Scorpio could think his dad started to throw punches. His nose started to bleed but all he could think about was getting help. That's when he saw it. Pisces' number was ringing on his phone. His dad pulled at his arm but he stretched out and pressed answer. In a fit of drunken rage, his dad started to punch him in the face. "Dad! No please stop!" Scorpio started to scream at him but his dad persisted.  Scorpio's dad, Orion started to lose breath. Scorpio took this as an opportunity to run out of the room with his camera and notebook in hand. "GET BACK HERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" His dad screamed at him running towards the front door where Scorpio had gone to. "I'll fucking destroy you boy, do not test me." The old man warned him. Scorpio started to feel himself get weak, his knees started to feel like led and he started to shake. All he could do was whisper, "Please stop." He whispered it a few more times until he started to scream it. That's all he could do anymore, especially when his father started to hit him again.

It all came to a stop when he heard the door open.

"GET OFF OF HIM!"

He looked up to see Pisces in the doorway running to help him. "Pisces no! Stay away!" He cried. He could handle the beating, but he couldn't live with himself if she got hurt because of him. "Scorpio we need to go!" Pisces sobbed as she yanked him from his dad. Orion started to scream at the pair as Pisces opened the passenger seat and pushed Scorpio in the seat. Pisces got in the car and drove out of the neighborhood.

The car ride was as quiet as expected, the long hour of just driving in the city, no destination in mind. The silence came to a stop when Pisces started to hear Scorpio cry silently. Pisces looked at him and started to cry too. "Scorpio, I'm so sorry, if I'd known..." "No, Pisces thank you." He said his voice scratchy. "You saved me." Pisces sobbed harder at that statement. She wanted so badly just to turn back time and help him as soon as it started. But she couldn't, so she parked by a grocery store by a tall building. She sat in the car holding on to the steering wheel, feeling useless. "Pisces, please stop crying." Scorpio grabbed her by the shoulder and made sure she looked at him. "If it wasn't for you I would've gone to school with a black eye. Or worse..but that doesn't matter. What matters now is that we're here, in a parking lot to a grocery store, and I heard your stomach growl a few times" He quietly laughed as Pisces blushed. "You heard that?" She whispered. "Yea, which is why we should go and get something." Scorpio opened the door and pulled her outside. Before they went inside Scorpio stared at Pisces. She might be tall, but Scorpio was lengthy and above average height, so he looked down at her with a smile. Before Pisces could look away, he hugged her. And whispered...

"thank you."