A blooming love story

A/N: So I am dedicating this chapter to our two amazing and beloved characters - Brother Xi Chen who has been such a strong spirit for our Lan Zhan/Yibo and the other is Jiang Fengmian.

I know there are a lot of people who must have paired Xi Chen and Jiang Cheng, but frankly I loved Jiang Fengmian more. He's the epitome of kindness and an amazing father to our Wei Ying and we all agree Xi Chen has been everything to our Lan Zhan.

When I started with this story I had no intention of making Xi Chen and Yong(Jiang Fengmian) a couple but then a thought struck me, why not. Both of them deserved much love and love and love.

So here I am penning down a beautiful story which started as a beautiful Friendship and goes on to become much more.

I request you guys to love them, cheer for them and wholeheartedly root for them.

---

Xi Chen's POV:

(This story starts after Xiao Zhan's stay at Could Recess)

"Brother" Yibo knocks at my door.

"Kid" I smile and I gesture him to take the seat opposite to mine.

Boeing down respectfully, he takes his seat and without wasting time gets to the point "Brother, I wanted to seek your permission"

This kid. I love him dearly but I really need to change his habit of being so formal with me.

"Wangji, you know you don't require my permission for anything, but nevertheless, go ahead" I smile.

"Wei, wanted to invite his brothers here for dinner"

"I have no problem, when are you inviting them?"

"This weekend"

"Do you want me to be here?"

"Yes please, I" he pauses.

"Go on"

"I want you to meet his family".

I grin.

"It's thay serious?" I tease the kid and his ears blaze red "alright, I'll be there"

He's about to leave when I ask him "What are their names?"

He turns and answers " Wang Yong  and Alden Song, you'll be happy to meet them" and before I could ask him anything, he leaves.

Not giving much thought to it, I resume reading my auditing notes.

I sigh. This is so boring.

---

Wang Yong's POV:

"You ready?" Alden comes into my room to asses my outfit. What's his obsession with outfits, I'll never understand but he whistles when he sees me.

"What?" I ask feeling self conscious about my outfit.

"You look sexy, if Wangji's brother plays the same filed as of his younger brother, he'd definitely fall for you" he teases.

I smack him on his head "Shut up" and he laughs and we leave. 

I want this to work for Wei.

---

"Yong, Alden welcome" Wei hugs us. What's with this kid. He always melts my heart.

Pulling us in we see Wangji waiting for us but his eyes are only for the kid. Oblivious to Wangji, Wei keeps chattering and I swear, just like I whacked Alden, I want to whack this kid too. What's with these young kids these days?

Reluctantly he moves his eyes away from Wei and respectfully bows. I smile. You haven't changed, Hanguang Jun.

Reciprocating his welcome, Alden and Wei leave us behind and enter the house talking about everything and nothing.

Turning back to me Yibo whispers "Welcome to Cloud Recess, Yun..." I stop him.
"Please no formality, call me Yong. I am just Yong" I wink and pat his arm lightly. Bowing slightly, he gustures me to enter the house and I remember once before entering this place. I smile. It's still has the same simplicity.

We laugh and smile at the antiques of Wei who is doing such a fabulous job of entertaining us when I see Wangji, looking at someone behind me. He gets up to greet his brother and that's when I get up and turn too.

Xi Chen.

When his eyes settle on me, they go considerablly soft. He recognises me.

Wei comes over to stand by my side and goes about to introduce us "Brother Xi Chen, this is my brother Wang Yong and Alden Song".

"Welcome to Cloud Recess, we welcome you wholeheartedly" he smiles.   

We all resume our seats and talk about his company to politics to sports. The rest of the evening is peaceful and warm. Dinner is served and I must say, it's really delicious, after cooking for so long, it's good when someone cooks for you.

---

As I come out of the washroom, I walk back towards the living room when I stop. I see Xi Chen gazing the stars standing on the patio. He senses me and turns to where I am.

His smile is so warm.

"How have you been?" He enquires warmly.

"Good. Very good and you?" I look at his side profile.

"Very good too" he turns and smiles.

"How did you know?" I enquire

"I don't know. Its strange, when I meet someone, I can see their past, who they were in their last life".

"So you knew about Wei" it's a statement.

"When I met him, yes"

"Did you know about us?"

"Not from before, just today, when I met you and Wen Ning" he smiles back.

"Have you met anyone from before?"

He shakes his head.

We quietly listen to the crickets chirping in the background.

"It's good to meet you, Xi Chen" I look at him and smile.

He turns his full body towards me "Same here, Wong"

Both of us never realised, that our meeting was never about chance. It was all about fate. A beautiful fate.

---
Ah this is so different from our usual chapters. Did you guys like it? Lemme know.

Bonus Pic: