3. Mixed Martial Arts?!

Cherai Beach 4: 00 AM

NANDINI :

The sun was yet to rise, sweet-salty smell of saline water wafted through the cold morning breeze awakening my olfactory impulses, moonlight pierced through the patches of the lush green canopy of tall coconut trees as I ambled through the seashore imprinting my footsteps on the slightly wet smooth sand of the serene beach.

The blissful sight of moonlight blending with the calm deep blue sea tranquilized my mind culminating the chain of all my ambiguous apprehensions, and a daffily charming smile made its way on my face.

My reverie broke when I heard faint sounds like 'Hi-yah!', 'Key-eye!', 'Eeee-yah!' and I followed the direction of sounds. There he stood, breathing heavily practicing Mixed-Martial-Arts. His black west clung to his body due to excessive sweating while his jet-black hairs danced in their own accord with the flow of wind and suddenly I was dubious about the fact if the sight of shining pearls of water droplets on my face was more alluring than his exquisitely handsome features as the sweat beads accompanied his long slanting forehead.

When I was staring at him, the way he was practicing; Manik pulled me and I clashed with his torso feeling a sudden rush of adrenaline as if I had been caught stealing something.

Under the Prussian Blue sky complemented by the stars, on that beach with the sound of ocean waves moving with the cold wind, looking into Manik's eyes with his hands on my shoulders and his heartbeats syncing with my ones; for a moment I felt spellbound!

Smirking at my reaction he said, "Mrs. Murthy, once again it's you. Ogling at other men is not a good habit you know."

"I would like to let you know Mr.Manik that the offer is still on?", I said in a slightly husky tone.

"Which offer?", he stared at my raven black orbs narrowing his eyes in confusion.

"Offer of breaking your bones.", freeing myself from his robust hold I rolled my eyes and gave a jab at his face extending my arm while he dodged my attack consciously.

His golden-brown eyes made me doubt him once again but keeping the doubt to myself; I showed him an excellent round-kick and taking it as a cue to start the fight Manik also started showing his skills.

It felt good practicing after so many days, especially with an opponent like him.

I gave a series of back to back punches on his face but he swiftly moved from the place saving himself from my attack. Before my mind could think about the next step; he came up with a Double-Collar Tie move as his hands gripped the crown of my head, one over the other, and the forearms tightly pinned to the sides of my jaw making me lose my balance. Manik quickly swerved across the sand, forbidding my fall, as my back collided with his torso.

"You are amazing Nandini! 8.5 on 10 for keeping up to your words about breaking my bones but just 2 on 10 for lying skills.", he said hiding his face in my long hair.

"What?", I asked a little nervously.

"I know that you are not married.", he smirked standing face to face while I let out a sigh of relief.

Thank god, he did't realize.

"Well, I would not mind coming in room no. 246.", he winked tucking a strand of hair behind my ear while his other hand roamed around my waist.

I frowned listening to his remark. When I processed his words, I whisper-yelled pushing him with a dynamic force, "But Room no. 246 is my room. What the hell Manik? How do you know my room no.?"