12. AN UNKNOWN RELATION

MANGALORE PORT 6: 45 AM

NANDINI :

Every time I came across him a new surprise awaited me and much to my dismay it only made the situations worst.

I was certain about the fact that Manik was not a normal person to surrender so easily and get arrested, there was definitely more to this than the eyes could see. Either he had his 'Plan of escape' ready in his mind or he had some other plans for the people already in the jail.

Asking two constables and one sub-inspector to take him to the police station, I stayed at the port to take a detailed look at the place with one inspector and one constable. As we parted in different directions; within some five minutes, our constable found two of the goons who were lying unconscious.

"Inspector Raman you take care of this situation. Keep these goons under custody along with Manik. Try to get more information about the gang's purpose of visiting the port. I will be back soon. You both can leave. I have some work left here. ", I ordered them looking at a distant place on the Port where I saw a person who's physique seemed familiar.

As my team left, I followed that retreating figure till the old entry point of the port which had the ocean on one side and some vegetation on the other side. It was a chance to get the answers of my all questions. Why was he doing this? What was their purpose? Why my own ideal betrayed me? Was it Manik who forced him to do so? Was he really kidnapped or it was all a plan? Was he lying all the time when he used to be in the academy or was he lying in Kochi? Why he never returned to the academy this whole month if he was fine? Was it some kind of secret mission we were not aware of? The questions were infinite and only Mr.Singh had their answers.

"I knew that you will come and exactly the same happened. I asked him to be more careful but he was too sure of himself being a stronger distraction for you. You proved him wrong . You not only arrested him but you found me too . ", said Mr. Singh.

"And now that I have found my long term ideal; let's get the things clear, sir. This time there's no Manik to inject a sedative in my veins to save you from my questions. Today you must tell me what is going on? What's with you being with a criminal? Why sir? Why did you point the gun on my head that day? What is your relationship with those goons? ", I asked being desperate to seek the answers.

"There is no relation between me and the goons. I was also trying to catch their gang and all this happened.", sir said in his defense.

"Why did you never return to the academy?" , I asked.

"I had no other option." , Singh sir replied in a defeated tone.

"Were you really kidnapped by Manik?" , I asked in order to clear the dark clouds of doubt that were resting on the back of my mind blocking the path of bright rays of hope and trust.

"Yes. Manik was the one who kidnapped me from the hospital. ", sir replied without even wasting a second.

" Do you know anything about the Pendrive? ", I asked moving directly to the point.

"First call your team and ask them to leave Manik .", said Mr. Singh as if ordering me to do that.

"What? Why would I do that? He is a criminal ." , I retorted in a somewhat irritated manner.

"Whether you call your team or not I'm sure he will be here in the next five minutes. I trust Manik's capabilities. So it will be better if you call your team asking them to leave him and not to forget no one should know about Manik's arrest especially that SP Tyagi . ", demanded my old ideal looking at me angrily. Somehow the look in Mr. Singh's eyes made me think if I went wrong somewhere, whether I interpreted the situation incorrectly. Was I missing something?