8. Unexpected moves

Sea Lagoon Beach Resort 6 : 30 PM

NANDINI :

Worst situations are best handled by the ones who have been through them the most. My case was a little different . Despite deciding my every step ahead meticulously, things now seemed to be going out of control.

The summer was about to end, maybe the weather was being an antagonist to my decision, the loud sound of lightening I heard endorsed the precariousness that night had to offer. The wind moved in a treacherous manner, the way it invaded my room through the single open window elicited it's haphazard fashion as if a thunderstorm was on the way and it was strong enough to destroy everything coming in its journey. Manik's sozzled state offered no help to my anxious nerves.

Despite my opposition, he entered the room. His gait being wavy like a typical drunk man, his eyes bloodshot red. For a moment, I wondered what might have effectuated him into it, as in all the days I spent with him, I had never seen Manik in such a state. In the next minute, I reminded myself about the meeting and tried to leave but he held my hand and I shrieked out of the throbbing pain as the scratches on my skin ached due to his robust hold.

He immediately left my hand, I was free to move but the look in his eyes captured me 'still' as if my legs were refusing to move even a bit. I never expected it from myself. Whatever might be the situation, Manik Malhotra shouldn't have inundated me in that manner.

Moving closer he once again held my hand tenderly, and it seemed as if my mind diverted to the rosy sensation of his soft touch rather than the pain those scratches gave. Wasn't he the one with some fabulous Mixed Martial Arts skills, then why was his touch so soft?

"Nandini, I'm sorry.", he said in a contrite tone.

Narrowing my eyes I scrutinized him, "Sorry?"

Gazing at the scratches on my hands he said, "Sorry for this. Rather than holding on to you, I came up with that imbecile reply ensuing your fall. I should have saved you. I didn't want to be the reason for your pain."

"Then what Manik? And why are you so much drunk? What's all this?", I asked aggravated by his utterly mediocre apology.

"I'm sorry, Nandini.", he mumbled again with his head hung low.

"Look Manik, I have to -", before I could say anything further I felt his anemone-pink lips on the back of my palm. I was supposed to jostle him back but what was that man doing to me? I wasn't able to understand the kind of feelings his single touch evoked in me. His ardent lips ambled in the direction of my wounds, approaching my shoulder, ameliorating all the pain and I wondered if 'touch' could do this magic so immaculately.

Was it just a coincidence that in the crowd of millions of heartbeats; I could feel my mine being completed by his ones?

In the paroxysm of my attraction towards him, I placed my other palm on his anomalously youthful cheek, his golden-brown eyes found my raven black ones while he ceased the work of his lips for a moment. His amorous eyes seemed as passionate as that of mine. As his long fingers brushed against my soft cheeks, I wondered what was going on in the back of his mind.

We were in a reverie when I heard a loud thunder strike and suddenly the lights went off. Before I could realize anything I felt my back colliding with something hard as Manik moved both of us towards the wall within a swift moment. Without uttering a word he continued doing wonders to my milky skin while I found our breaths mingling into each other as my breaths too smelled of alcohol. His ethereal kisses were creating a whole different set of emotions in me making me unaware of everything else in the world except us and I felt as if we were in our own world.

Kissing the on top of my shoulder Manik once again looked into my eyes, the unacquainted emotion in his eyes sent a shiver down my spine and I closed my eyes in anticipation, resting my head on the wall.

Manik's lips lingered over my neck moving towards my collarbone while his hands were circling around my waist. The moment his lips touched over my collarbone and his hands reached near the pocket of my jeans, the entire room enlightened with bright white light, coming back to my senses, opening my eyes abruptly, I said, "I know what you want Manik. Just stop all this."

"What? What do you mean Nandini?", his eyes were dark as if he was in a trance.

I moved in another direction creating a little distance between us.

"No need to feign the mesmerization, Manik. I know very well why you are here.", I said clearing my throat.

"Nandini, what's wrong with you?", he asked looking irritated by my interruption.

Taking out the Pendrive from my pocket I yawped, "Just stop this pretense. I know you want this and you don't give a damn about anything else."

"You...You knew...", he stuttered being appalled.

"Yes. Manik Malhotra, I know it that all this while you have been trying to find this Pendrive and all that flirtatious behavior, all those deep conversations were a part of your drama.", I concluded clearing his disquietude.

"I...I... No... Did you know? But how?", he faultered due to consternation.

"That day...when you asked me for dinner, I saw you. I freaking saw you hiding in Abhi's room. I even followed you that night when you came out of his room and when I asked why were you so late you had nothing to say. My doubts cleared even more when I saw you eavesdropping my phone conversation with Jack. You knew I was going to meet Stefan, that's why you showed up exactly at the same time, didn't you? What did you think, you will act a little in front of me and you can easily sneak out this Pendrive ?! Alas. Nandini Murthy is smarter than this Manik Malhotra. You underestimated that.", I said.

Manik's face was changing its colors while listening to my outburst. His eyes did liberate passion, the only change being the reason behind it. The infuration on Manik's face spoke of his disappointment and for a moment I wondered if I was doing the right thing. Moving a little farther from him I said, "Tell me Manik, you aren't that much drunk, are you? Do you think I can't differentiate between a really drunk person and the one who is acting? Why are you doing this? Do you have any vindication that you are right and I misunderstood?"

"I get that but Nandini, this is not about me underestimating you -", he said but I interjected him in the middle of whatever lie he was going to put up.

"Stop it now. I know you have your ways with words but you can't win over me today. Anyways, I must leave. Stefan must be waiting.", I said and made my way towards the door.

I heard his footsteps as he came closer, I knew what he was going to say, one more pretense was all he had in his power.

"Nandini, wait . I need this. It is really important.", he forwarded his hand in my direction.

"Of course . It's really important. I know that.", I smirked.

"Why are you talking in a strange manner?", he asked with a quzzical look.

We were at an arms distance and his eyes were locked on the Pendrive . As he proceeded to get his hands on the Pendrive and I smashed the chloroform laden cloth on his mouth and his strong muscular figure took a nosedive as he fell on the floor.

Locking him in my room, I made my headway towards my destination where Stefan was waiting. Perturbation flooded my mind as I waited for the mystery of the cryptic Pendrive to unfold in front of my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo! What's up ? Everyone's good ? How do you guys find the chapter ?

Vote and Comment !

Is it satisfying your curiosity nerves ?

Expected Nandini to know all this ?

Expected that Manik was acting as being drunk ?

What you think about Manik's character now , want to know more about his side ?

Who wants the flirty Manik back ?

Don't you think our Nandini is really a strong girl ?