18. Final Fights and Unexpressed Emotions

NANDINI:

Stretching my body, landing my feet on the floor from the bed, arms moving upwards, I yawned blinking my eyes. After months, I woke up with a smile on the face and it was because of him.

Manik. When I finally trusted him life seemed much easier with no thoughts to ponder upon.

Brushing my teeth as I moved out of the room a delicious aroma of pancakes wafted my senses making me saunter in the direction of kitchen, automatically. There he stood serving Cabir's plate while garnishing it with strawberry syrup.

Could this man be more perfect?

"Nandini, come here," Mr. Singh cooed tapping a chair beside him and I smiled at them mumbling a good morning.

"Is he conscious, now?" I questioned taking a seat and Manik glared at me serving my plate, "We have lots of work to do. Finish this fast. I don't know about you, but my stomach definitely needs food to keep going. No questions on the dining table."

Our chef-cum-mummy got busy in helping Cabir with the pancake, wiggling my eyebrows I looked at Singh Sir asking him in a hushed tone, "What's wrong with Manik?"

"It's his normal behavior. Since the time he learned cooking, that fellow started behaving like this in the kitchen," Sir shrugged casually and I nodded.

There were so many things I didn't know about him, so many shades. The love and care he was showering over Cabir, cracking jokes time to time, made me wonder if he was the same guy who always fought ruthlessly.

As the breakfast finished, giving the medicines to his best friend, Manik joined me for taking a look at Jack. The guy whom we held captive still seemed unconscious or maybe in a deep slumber.

"He was the same when I came here in morning. I frisked him and found this cell phone, a few cords and this tracking device from his pockets. I tried to check them further but they are locked with some password," My partner said while showing the mobile and the device.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked taking a look at gadgets for a brief moment.

"Interrogate him, of course," He shrugged with finality in his voice and I widened my eyes thinking about his caring side just minutes before.

Nodding my head, I smirked splashing some water on Jack's face with force. The hacker's body stiffened, eyebrows twitched, tied hands struggled to move in backward direction, while he coughed opening the eyes as I splashed more water on his face.

Rolling his lips, the man tried to get rid of the water droplets entering his mouth and stared at us with widened eyes. Jack's nose had the blood clots which trailed down along with water, his one hand seemed actually fractured and I wondered if I was supposed to punch him more because he was already very injured.

"Tell us more about Reux Dein Thale," I said in a strict tone, warning clearly audible in my voice.

"And why do you think I would do that?" Jack chuckled humourlessly with bitter expressions, eyes scanning me from head to toe making me feel disgusted as I heard him say, "You are quite an item."

Pulling Jack's hair, Manik made the guy arch his neck towards the ceiling while killing him with murderous glares, "Keep these rubbish opinions to yourself. I'm sure you don't want to get another arm fractured, too, because I'm definitely not a good person for someone like you."

Despite being unaffected by Manik's threat, Jack shifted his gaze towards the injured arm, without uttering a single word which only made my partner vexed.

Jerking our captive's chair, Manik shouted, "How dare you even try to sell such high level secret information to other country? I know how to treat such traitors. I have a complete list of your crimes, sufficient enough to get you into the special court. In fact, I'm very much capable of killing you right now, right here and no one will ever know where you disappeared in thin air. So, don't waste my time and speak up."