13. Divulgence of Obscurities

NANDINI:

Thunderstorms never dissipate abruptly. In the presence of lightning and its acoustic effect on the earth's atmosphere, the cumulonimbus cloud must thrive through all the stages of the storm to ultimately meet its cessation.

Tranquillity never existed in the middle of a war, Lava never transmogrified into igneous volcanic rock prior to cooling; even the immortal Phoenix must blaze first to emanate from its ashes.

Then, how was it possible to instantly mitigate the rages residing between us?

Despite Manik being Singh sir's grandchild, preconceptions restrained me from trusting him again, especially when his credence in me was capricious enough to suddenly accept, and arbitrarily refuse to tell me the reality.

"No. Never. I'm not a nincompoop to take your orders without knowing the whole truth. ", I roared in vexation.

"Just stop it now. You have already known enough. All you have to do is to constrain the officers from inspecting this place for the next two days. I will handle the rest.", Manik retorted with an equal amount of umbrage.

"Seriously? You think showing me a submarine and saying it's all about giving a true justice; is explanatory enough for me to keep my team from arresting you?", I spat in resentment as the man standing in front of me had stopped Mr.Singh from unveiling any details about the Pendrive or even the submarine which they showed me voluntarily.

"Manik, I think we should tell her everything, then only she will be able to help us.", Mr.Singh made an attempt to convince the thick-headed bastard.

"I don't need any help from this mad woman. That night, we had almost lost the Pendrive to Stefan because of her, remember grandpa?", Manik said looking at sir.

I growled in frustration.

The nerve of this man. He was arguing with me on the same topic for an hour.

When the Submarine surfaced the ocean, its operator came out opening the round-shaped door, Mr. Singh was all set to tell me the whole story behind all the strange happenings since his kidnap but suddenly Mr. Manik Malotra changed his mind.

He told the submariner that the machine had passed the test and now it should be taken back to the state of affiliation. The man who had just come out of that huge submarine nodded at his order and left. Soon, there were no signs of the presence of such a huge mechanical contrivance at that old sequestered part of the port.

First I requested him, then I calmly asked him but when he didn't pay any heed, anger rushed through my veins.

Singh sir tried to conciliate us but Manik was hell-bent on proving me unworthy.

Maybe he was right, after all, if he had lied, my case was no different. I had also used all my guile to create webs of deception. Maybe that was the reason he wasn't able to trust me.

"Fine Manik. So, this leaves me with only one option. I'll call Tyagi sir and tell him everything I have known so far.", taking the phone in my hand I played my final card.

"Wait.", he said and I smirked hitting the right cord.

"Sorry? Did you say something?", I asked in attitude.

"Don't make the call.", Manik stated sternly as he folded his hands close to his chest.

"I won't. Only if you will request me, properly.", I said as I shuffled my phone through my one hand to another.

Rolling his eyes, gritting his teeth Manik requested in a fake soft tone, "Nandini, please don't call Mr. Tyagi."

I smiled in smugness, winning over the self-centered jerk for an excuse of a gentleman.