Chapter 2

As we walk past Olivander's, I scoff "They actually did it." Lucius gives a confused look and I motion towards the Wease "Fuckers actually got a business up and running."

He scoffs "I'm surprised the death eaters haven't turned it over, yet." As I take a long drag, he sighs "You know I hate those things."

I tap the ash off the end and asking him "Really? You're going to comment on my smoking, of all things?"

He shrugs, before declaring "That's the only thing that really bothers me." I scoff and he asks "What?"

I tilt my head back to release a drag, before telling him "That's definitely not the thing you hate most about me."

He furrows his brow "What do you mean?"

I chuckle, before telling him "Let's face it, you can't stand to look at me." He furrows his brow and I take a deep breath, getting a whiff of Harry.

I hold my hand up and hear a snapping behind me. He continues "I don't hate anything about you. I'm just sorry that-"

"What time is our appointment?" I ask, mainly so Harry, Ron, and Hermione don't find out.

He checks his watch and declares "In five minutes." As we walk down the passageway to Knockturn Alley, I can hear them following.

I look to Lucius and whisper "I've got an ex following me." He cocks an eyebrow to me and I tell him "Harry, Ron, and Hermione."

He chuckles, before asking "Are you wearing an undershirt?" I hum and show him the sleeve.

He hums and I declare "I think I'm ready to go back." He gives a concerned look "I mean Parkinson, Crabbe, and Goyle, aren't in my dreams anymore."

He scoffs "Draco, you drink every night."

I nod "Then I've cracked the code. Just drink every day."

He gives an unamused look and I smirk, before taking a long drag at the door of the taylors.

As I drop the cigarette and step on it to snuff it out, I tell Lucius "If drinking works, I better stock up."

He gives a weak smile, before asking "And what will you do to night, when you can't keep the liquor down?"

I shrug, before telling him "There's more than one way to consume alcohol." He gives a confused look and open the door "You don't want to know."

After my fitting, I find the golden trio are on top of a nearby room as Lucius tells me "I got your schedule this morning."

I give an uninterested hum, before he explains "You'll have to wake up at five, because you'll meet Professor Hooch at half five on the quidditch field."

"After that, you've been given promise to run in the forbidden forest." He points out "Your first class is at half eight, so you should have plenty of time to shower."

"Your first classes are Charms, Astronomy, and DADA." He tells me and I hum, before he states "You'll spend lunch with Sprout. Herbology is your fourth class, at one, then you'll have potions, then Transfiguration after that."

He gives a weak smile "From half four to sun down, you'll be with Hagrid, helping him with his creatures."

"That's very ironic." I joke and he sighs "Oh, come on! That's funny!"

He sighs, before stopping me "We've got your suits, your shoes, your work out wear. Do you need anything else?"

I furrow my brow "Alcohol and smokes." He gives a short nod as we walk out of Knockturn Alley "That store outside The Leaky Cauldron sells them."

He stops me and asks "Maybe you could hold off on the cigarettes? Just for a while?"

I furrow my brow and look him over "Why would I do that?"

He takes a deep breath "Because they're bad for you. They can cause lung cancer and breathing issues."

I scoff, before sparking up one "Like cancer will be my downfall!" I remark and he gives me a concerned look.

He takes a moment, before admitting "I'm worried about you, Draco. With the drinking, and the smoking, and the partying."

I give a smug chuckle "What could possibly happen to me, realistically?" He sigh and I hum in confusion.

Finally, he declares "I don't want to watch you throw your life away! At this rate, you won't live to see your forties!"

I take a deep drag, before smirking at him. As I release it, I ask "Do you know how many times I have almost died? By your hands alone?"

He takes in a shakey breath and I continue "I've been in a muggle hospital, ten times since I was eleven, Lucius! In total, I've almost died a dozen times!" He gulps and I declare "I should be dead, Lucius! My life doesn't matter!"

He furrows his brow "It matters to me!"

I scoff at him, before taking another drag "You are the only person I have left. I can't watch you die, too."

He gives me a confused look and asks "What about you leaving me behind, all alone?"

I chuckle, before remarking "You deserve to wallow in the guilt of your abuse." He takes a stricken breath, before I remark "Oink oink."

As I start to walk away from him, he asks "Why must you be so cruel?"

I chuckle as I turn back to him. As I stop, I explain "I am ninety percent crap." I motion to him "You are ninety-eight percent crap." I shrug "We make a good team."

He points out "You weren't like this before."

I give a bewildered look "How would you know? You've only been a part of my life for about two seconds."

His demeanor goes cold and I toss my empty pack into the bin "This is my last cigarette. I'm going to get some more."

As I walk away, I can hear whispering on the roof at the corner of Knockturn Alley and Diagon Alley. With a smug sneer, I call out "You three make awful spies!"