Chapter 6

Blaise meets me at the stairs for Astronomy. I shake my head and he asks "What's wrong with you?"

"Hermione is my Charms partner." He hums as I spark up a cigarette. We step out of the way of a couple of students coming from advanced DADA.

"How was boxing with Hooch?" He asks as the golden trio walk by.

I scoff, before telling him "She's a feisty old broad, that's for damn sure. I've definitely got a bruise on my side."

He scoffs and I knock the ash off my cigarette "So, how was the whole 'you're my ex's friend' thing go?"

I sigh, before scratching my forehead, careful not to burn myself "Awkward. I had to tell Granger a few things. The basics." I wink at him and he gives a short nod.

I continue "And I'm so fucking tired of them, just being there, you know? It's like I can't turn a corner without running into them!"

He sighs and I continue on "I mean, how the fuck are any of us supposed to be happy, whenever they're leeching onto my back?"

He takes a moment, before asking "Have you told them to get off your back?" I nod and he sighs "I mean, you did break up with him, without reason."

I cock an eyebrow to him "My reason is, I could kill him in his sleep, okay? Just one moment, when I'm not me, and he's fucking dead."

He nods and I check my watch to find we've still got ten minutes.

After a moment, I ask "You get a letter from Oliver, yet?" He shakes his head and I ask "Where's he at?"

"Denmark." He scratches his forehead "I think." I give him a weak smile and he shrugs "I think we're done."

I shrug, before remarking "You did call him developmentally delayed." He sighs, before I ask "Or did you call him retarded?"

He's silent for a moment, before declaring "I regret calling him... retarded..."

I shrug, before telling him "If he loves you, you'll get past it."

He furrows his brow "Like you and Harry got past it?"

I stare at him for a long moment, debating on punching him. After a moment, I declare "I'm incapable of love."

I light another cigarette and flip the other one off the Astronomy tower. I clear my throat and remark "Maybe that's why I can't produce a patronus."

He's silent for a moment, before asking "What are you doing tonight? Anything interesting?"

I shrug, before joking "Maybe convince a fourth year to suck my cock." He scoffs, and I wave it off "Nah, just take a couple of drinks, and go to bed. What about you?"

He shrugs "If I get a letter from Oliver, I'll probably just write him back. If I don't..." he sighs "I really will be looking for a fourth year to suck my cock."

I chuckle "Well, if no one bites, Parkinson will."

Parkinson, Crabbe, and Goyle, walk by and I sneer as she looks at me in interest.

Blaise chuckles, before insisting "I would have to be shitfaced to let her blow me. I've heard that she likes to get a little rough with the bollocks."

I shake my head as he snickers "Not funny, Blaise. Not, funny."

He shrugs, before asking "If you had to mess with someone at Hogwarts, who would it be?"

I think for a second, before declaring "All the sexy arse Weasley kids are out of Hogwarts. Maybe Cormac McLaggen... but he fancies Granger, so..."

He chuckles, before remarking "You and Gryffindors."

I shrug, before telling him "Fighting is kinda a personality trait of mine... I don't think it will ever change."

He sighs "If you life through Hogwarts. What did he say to you?" I cock an eyebrow to him "You know... You-Know-Who?"

I take a long drag, before quoting "Welcome to the war."

He furrows his brow and declares "I would have shit a brick if I saw him. You're definitely stronger than I am."

I give him a weak smile, before sighing "I didn't really get the chance." I motion towards my head "I was concussed and confused, really. Spent a chunk of time just trying to stand up."

He gives me a pitied look and insists "You've got bigger bollocks than I do. I would've had a heart attack."

I give him a weak smile, before stating "I laid there, hoping that I would die." I sigh "But Lucius forced me to get up."

We're silent for a moment, before he nudges me "I'm happy he did." I look to him and he shrugs "I never really had a friend, and even if I'm just someone you talk to because you're bored-"

I pull him in for a hug, careful not to burn him. We stand there for a moment and I tell him "You're the only friend I've got."

When I pull away, I take the last drag and toss the cigarette off the tower, before looking to him "Come on you fudge-packer, we should get to class."

He furrows his brow "If I'm a fudge-packer, you're a knob-jockey!"

I smirk at him as I start down the Astronomy tower stairs to get to the classroom "That I am."

As we into the classroom, he asks "What do you have after lunch? I have Herbology, Potions, then History."

"Same, but Transfiguration, I instead of History." I tell him and he gives a pleased look "But I'll be in the greenhouses during lunch. Helping Sprout with as the stuff she's too stort to do."

As we sit, he asks "Won't your suit get filthy? I mean it's an all black suit! And you'll be messing with potting soil!"

I pull out my plaid shirt, jeans, and trainers and clarify "I'll change before I dive in."

As the golden trio sits behind us, I ask Blaise "What's your favorite alcohol? You seem like a gin guy."

He hums, before declaring "I've never tried anything other than absinthe, whiskey, and butterbeer."

I furrow my brow and ask "Want to drink with me, tonight?"

He furrows his brow and asks "Do you really think both of us should get drunk? That's kinda a recipe for disaster."

I wave it off, before telling him "Only Jagermeister fucks me up to the point of making my pants fall off."

He furrows his brow "What alcohols make you fight?"

I sigh and tell him "Tequila."