Chapter 20

As I set up my note cards at the best man's seat, Colin rests his head on my shoulder "What are you up to?"

"Getting ready for the speech, why?" He shakes his head, before I get it "You don't know anyone else here?" He nods and I ask "Where Lucius?"

"Talking to some only werewolves." He states and I hum, before he asks "How long are we going to be apart?"

"Not long." I tell him, before turning and hugging him to me "You know the twins, and Ginny, and Hermione."

He takes a moment, before telling me "The twins are helping Bill get ready. The girls are in their rooms, getting ready."

I hum, before asking "Why don't you help me with a couple of things, then? I've got to finish a couple of the center pieces."

He nods, before I lead him towards the gift table. After the center pieces are done, Remus pats me on the back "It looks good, Draco. Thanks."

I cock an eyebrow to him, before remarking "You make the gay guy do this, huh?"

He cocks an eyebrow to me, before I nudge him playfully. He checks his watch, before ordering "Get inside. We're about to start." He looks to Colin "Colin, you can find your seat."

~

After the ceremony, I sit next to Remus during supper. After supper, and before cake, Molly nods to me and I silence everyone by tapping my champagne glass, which holds ginger ale, with a butter knife.

When everyone looks to me, I clear my throat, before starting "As you all know, the man next to me, is a werewolf." I pat his shoulder, before declaring "But, if there's anything he's taught me over the past seven months, it's that you don't have to be a monster."

He gives me a weak smile and I continue on "And for a long time, I felt that he was talking nonsense, until last week."

I smile down at him "You are the people that love you." I straighten out and declare "Now, for me, that'll nearly a whole family of redheads, a couple of gays, my father, a very talented muggle-born witch, a metamorphmagus auror, and the douchebag sitting next to me."

I smirk, and I nudge him playfully "I'm fucking with you, Remus. He's a great man. Would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it." I look down at him and smile, weakly "He would help a gay alcoholic teenager, through the worst year of his life, thus far." He smiles up at me and I declare "And he is loved by everyone here."

I glance down at my flashcards, before smiling up at everyone "Now, I could tell you some humourous or heart-touching stories about Remus, like the time he chased a peacock around the manor, naked, or the time he sat outside my bathroom door, telling me that it'll get better, but I think we already know that Remus is a man of both compassion and hilarity. We've all got stories about Remus, and we'll more than likely share them later tonight, when we're all hammered." I raise my glass "Or in my case, ginger ale."

They're a couple of laughs, before I look to Tonks "But first, I need to reward Remus with a statement about his wife."

He looks up to me and I smile "For every great man, there needs to be an equally woman. And holy fuck, you've got one."

I raise my glass and smile "To Mister and Misses Lupin, everyone!" There's a cheers throughout the room and I down my ginger ale.

~

As I sway with Colin around 1AM, he hums, drunkenly "Why don't we find a place to fuck?" He slurs.

I rub his back, softly "Your curfew is in an hour, love. We should probably get you home."