Chapter 28

I jump around a gay club with the wide variety of twinks, bears, and bowlegged men jump around me.

As my high comes down, I slip into the bathroom.

As I start to light my pipe, I notice the smoke alarm above. After a moment, I decide to head outside.

On the way out, I take a shot; the seventh of the night.

I sway towards the alleyway, my focus drifts in and out. As I round the corner, I can feel three sets of arms on me.

A nasally voice calls out "Hey, boys! We got a fairy!" As they slam me into the brick wall, I find they're big, burly, men.

The second one sneers "What should we do to the AIDS monkey?"

The third one pulls out a switchblade and remarks "Slice and dice!"

As soon as I see the knife, I'm stone cold sober. The full moon passed last night. And something snaps in me.

~

Frantically, I dial the number with a trembling hand. As I hear the phone ring, I look down at my blood hand and jump on the balls of my feet and sigh "Come on! Answer the phone!"

About ten seconds later, Colin picks up "You've got Creevey, who's this?" I set my jaw, not even knowing what to say "Hello?"

I scratch my forehead, before speaking, breathlessly "It's Draco." I take in a shakey breath, before telling him "I messed up."

He speaks, instantly "Draco, what did you do?"

I sway for a moment, before declaring "I hurt somebody." I clear my throat, before telling him "He's dead."

He's completely silent, for a long moment, before asking "How did you know him?"

"Them." I state dryly, before clarifying "I killed them."

He takes a moment, before asking "How did you know them?"

I take in a shakey breath, before whining out "They grabbed me, outside of a club! One had a knife!"

He sighs, before insisting "You did what you had to do."

I look down at my hands and tell him "I wouldn't call if..." I sigh and rest my head on the glass "I can't go home. I can't go to the burrow. And I can't go to the Order."

He sighs "Come over."

I hang up, and pop into his kitchen. He hangs up, instantly, before looking me over in shock.

He nods towards my bloody face and hands "What, did you rip them apart?"

I give a short nod, before sighing "With the moon... I don't-"

He nods, before motioning up "You know where the bathroom is. When did you eat last?"

I furrow my brow and think for a moment. When I can't remember, he nods "I'll make you something... why can't you go home?"

I give him a sad smile "I was rude to Lucius." He cocks an eyebrow to him and I tell him "I don't feel safe there."

He nods me up and I slug myself up the stairs. As soon as I turn on the water, I hear Colin speaking on the phone.

"I was wondering if Draco could stay over for a few days... He got jumped outside of a gay club. He didn't tell me all the details, but I think they were going kill him... He's shook up, barely standing. He looked like the life was drained out of him... He can't... He said he doesn't feel safe at home... I don't know, mum... Is that okay?... Yeah... He'll sleep in the common room... Yes... No, we're plenty stocked up on food. If not, well take the car... No, I won't get caught... Dennis is full of shit... So is nan... Yeah, mum, she is, because she barred me out of her life... You know I think she's a twat... Listen, I love you, I'm going to go, before the bigot takes the phone... Love you, too... Merry Christmas... Bye."

When I look at myself, I hate the person I see. There's blood in my hair, and it mortified me, that it felt so good to rip their throats out.

~

When I get downstairs, I put on a weak smile and he looks to me with a soft smile "My mum said you could sleep on the couch until we go back to school."

I give a grateful look and he motions towards the table "My mum kinda went all out... made a lasagna for my Christmas... but we can eat it today."

I look to find a massive lasagna, a mountain of garlic bread, and a pot of marinara sauce "I forgot that your mum cooks for an army."

He gives a weak smile, before moving towards the fridge "What do you want to drink. We've got milk, squash, fizzy cola, orange juice, apple juice, grape juice, cranberry juice-" he furrows his brow and grabs a jug "Grapefruit juice, and pomegranate juice."

I furrow my brow "That's a lot of juice." He shrugs and I give a weak smile "Just some water."

When I take a seat, he gets me a glass of water. When he puts it in front of me, he leans against the edge of the table and rests his hand on my chest "Are you alright?"

I give a weak smile, before telling him "I really don't know, anymore." He gives a confused look and I state "I felt good, in the moment, but I hated myself for it, after."

He furrows his brow "They were attacking you, Draco." He shrugs "You did what you had to do. It's normal."

I give a short nod and he pulls a plate in front of me. When he turns to the six, by six, by twelve inch lasagna, he divides it into pieces, before piling half of it onto my plate "Really?" I ask.

He shrugs "I've seen you eat."

I give him a weak smile, before grabbing a piece of garlic bread "Good thing I'm no longer lactose intolerant."

He chuckles, before putting my plate down and going to retrieve a drink.

When he sits in front of me with a glass of fizzy cola, I smirk at him "If I eat all of this, you have to eat all of that."

He looks me over in concern, before nodding "Deal."