Holiday's and Pain

Enjoy this double update.

Izzie and Meredith made up and she slightly made up with me but not all the way. But the awkwardness between us was put on the back burner as Izzie and Meredith decided together to adopt a rescue dog and bring him home without letting George and I know. Out of everyone, Izzie took losing one of the quints the hardest and on top of her relationship with Alex falling apart she needed to take her mind off everything which means investing all of her time and energy into decorating the house for the holiday. There is not one inch of the house that doesn't smell like Christmas or smells of peppermint. Meredith told us we need to be supportive of her during this time but did it have to make its way into my room. "It looks like Santa threw up in here." George says as we observe everything Izzie has done to the house.

"Just...go with it. We're being supportive." Meredith reminds us.

"Oh hey!" Izzie has so much energy it makes me tired. "What do you think? Did I go too overboard? Oh, I know. I know sometimes I can go a little overboard."

"No, it's great."

"No, we love it." We say with fake smiles.

"Oh, yeah. I love Christmas."

"We know." Meredith has the fakest smile plastered on her face and I'm trying to stay awake.

"It smells great. I love chocolate so if you have any great holiday treats I love chocolate." I say and Meredith jabs me with her elbow.

"I have a great chocolate peppermint bark recipe!"

"Perfect." Meredith and George eye me and I don't care. If I'm going to suffer through this holiday I want something good out of it.

__________________________________
Rounds were watching cautiously as Bailey walks or waddles around. "Look at her legs." George directs our attention to Dr. Bailey. "She's almost as wide as she is tall."

"Are her ankles swollen? Is that why she's waddling?"

"What's gonna happen to us when she goes on leave?" Izzie asks.

"Leave? She's gonna leave?"

"Cristina she's going to be on maternity leave for at least a little while." I state to her.

"What do you think happens when people push babies out of their vaginas?"

"Pain and agony." I answer for everyone. Alex looks to me and I quickly look away.

"Do you think we're gonna get a new resident?"

"Nah, they'll probably just let us all wander around unattended to see how much damage we can do."

"More than we already do?" I ask tease him.

"Well, he would know." Izzie fires back at him since she's still pissed about him and Olivia. "Hey, you guys. We should all get together and get Bailey a Christmas gift for the baby. Or we could organize some sort of secret Santa thing..."

"Listen tiny Tim. You can take your..." George, Meredith and I block Cristina from making a harsh comment.

"Secret Santa sounds great, Izzie." I state interrupting Cristina from crushing Izzie's fragile heart.

"Okay." She smiles at us and leaves. Cristina hits me on the shoulder.

"What the..."

"We're being supportive." Meredith explains to her and we can tell this is too much for Cristina but being our friend she will do it.

__________________________________
We make it into one of the loudest patient rooms we've ever rounded on. It reminds me of my childhood and all of my siblings. "Tim Epstein, 38. Fell off the roof of his house." Meredith explains.