Pushing People Away

Did you like Addison?

Hahn's open-heart surgery was a success with Izzie giving me the heads up that the patient is a bird watcher. During his surgery, he freaked out with the idea of us being inside his chest and others watching. To calm him down I used what Izzie told me to take his mind off things. I asked him questions on which type of bird he thought everyone was and it allowed Hahn to complete her surgery. It was a rush seeing someone's heart and talking to them all at the same time. I've never felt this kind of rush and I didn't know one could exist. "I don't care if you sleep with Lexie."

"You so care." I exclaim to Meredith who is trying to assure Alex.

"Oh, I just can't do it at my house." Alex fires back at her.

"It's my house."

"We pay rent. And if it weren't for Izzie and I going to the store every two weeks none of us would have food in the house ever." I remind her.

"Oh, get over it. It was a onetime thing anyway." Alex defends his actions which he doesn't have to.

"Alex."

"What? Seriously, one time. What's the problem with you and your sister anyway?"

"She's not my sister." Alex gives me a look.

"I'm buying drinks tonight Gen." He calls out as he heads for his patient.

"Hey." George steps in front of Meredith and me blocking us from getting to the locker room.

"You look weird." Meredith comments.

"I don't look weird."

"You definitely look weird."

"What's wrong?"

"I look fine."

"We know you George and this is not fine." We sit down on an empty bed.

"It's horrible the sex...with Izzie. Horrible. It's like she's trying too hard. It's...it's you ever seen a porno?"

"Yeah watched a guy in my gross anatomy class in medical school watch porno all throughout the lecture." I state and they look at me.

"Not that Izzie's a porno. She's an angel. But it's like she's trying to channel a porn star and she's trying to act all dirty and sexy, which sounds great, right?"

"No, not at all. Neither does scheduling in perfect sex time." I fire back at George.

"You know about that?"

"You and Izzie aren't that quiet. She's really loud when she's making a schedule." He nods his head and we can all tell this is uncomfortable for him.

"In reality, I just want to say, Izzie, just cause you can do that with your legs doesn't mean that you should."

"Ah."

"Gross. Too much information." I cry out trying to block that image out of my mind. George quickly stands up.

"I want to run."

"I'm going to vomit." I state to him and his wide eyes.

"Run. Run. Run now and please don't vomit."

"Don't tell me gross sex things and I won't next time." I yell as Meredith and I make a beeline for the resident locker room.

"Oh!" Izzie is waiting for us on the table. She pulls us close to her. "I love George." She declares to us.

"Oh, God." Meredith mutters.

"Kill me now."

"I do. I love him. And I'm so happy because he's kind and smart, and uh, sweet and sexy. He's perfect. Perfect. Except for the fact that he kisses like a chicken. You know, a chicken pecking the ground for food, just pecking and pecking and pecking? And when he's pecking at me like that, I forget that I love him. I forget that he's kind and sweet and sexy, and I just want to scream, stop pecking me!" Izzie now grabs Meredith by her arms. "Did he peck you like a chicken Mer?"